Injector install tips needed

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ThreeEyedBandit
In Neutral

Injector install tips needed

Post by ThreeEyedBandit »

I am almost ready to throw my 480cc injectors into the field. Is there any trick to install them into my fuel rails and have all of them seal? Right now I can only get three of them at a time to seal and not leak fuel into the intake and fun super rich. This is with all new O-Rings.

I dont know how many time I have installed the stock ones and not one leaks, then install the 480's and at least one always leaks. Pull leaking one out and monkey with the o-rings, reinstall and that one might work then another one leaks :evil:. I even installed them into the stock twin turbo rails and ramped the pressure up to 85psi, no leaks. What tricks are out there? Am I just going to have to us the TT rails and make my own fuel lines..... The frusterating thing is I had this think making more and more power by getting some tuning time, then started leaking and getting uncontrollably rich. So please help me Jevus like Subaruians :-)

Matt
85 GL wagon, EJ-22T, 5MT, KKK K-26, starion FMIC, Walbro 255, RX struts and sways, rear disc, rear LSD, Megasquirt fuel only, JAW 1.3......
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Hey,im not farmiliar with the 480's but if they are like the 440's then you need an additional o-ring.Check out this thread if you didnt already.I did the 440's and ended up finding some o-rings that fit instead of ordering some,havnt run it yet so i cant say its a good idea yet :-D

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=283667
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
ThreeEyedBandit
In Neutral

I do have all the O-rings listed in that thread, and so far the originals and the ones I ordered havent worked :(. But I am simmered down now and will take a look this evening.

Matt
85 GL wagon, EJ-22T, 5MT, KKK K-26, starion FMIC, Walbro 255, RX struts and sways, rear disc, rear LSD, Megasquirt fuel only, JAW 1.3......
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Are you trying to put these in the stock ej22t fuel rails?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
ThreeEyedBandit
In Neutral

Yes, yellow top twin turbo injectors into ej-22t rails.
Legacy777 wrote:Are you trying to put these in the stock ej22t fuel rails?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Hmm.....do those injectors look to be the same shape as the ones in that linked thread?

Only thing I can think of is possibly trying a different fuel rail. The 90-91 AT injectors looked similar to these

Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
ThreeEyedBandit
In Neutral

I think thats what I am going to try tonight.
Legacy777 wrote:Hmm.....do those injectors look to be the same shape as the ones in that linked thread?

Only thing I can think of is possibly trying a different fuel rail. The 90-91 AT injectors looked similar to these