EJ20H Twin Turbo Engine UPDATE: Engine is taken apart now

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

EJ20H Twin Turbo Engine UPDATE: Engine is taken apart now

Post by kimokalihi »

*NOTE* This is an EJ20H motor, not K, that was an accident and I changed the title. I was told this motor from was from a 95 legacy but that is not a guarantee because it was bought from a guy locally and not the importer.

I finally got an EJ22T engine for my car and I'm pretty broke so I've decided in order to buy gaskets, timing belt and hoses for my engine I'll need to sell the twin turbo engine. I don't think I'll have a use for it in the future anyways.

I was originally going to use this engine in my car until I did a leak down test on it and one of the cylinders has a 75% exhaust valve leak. The other cylinders are fine and there seemed to be minimal leakage coming from the intake valves. I was told to just put it in the car anyways and see how it does and I was going to do this but I moved out of my parents house and don't have much time to work on it.

The motor is in pretty good shape. It has a brand new oil pump, water pump, knock sensor, timing belt, idlers, thermostat and intake gaskets(not installed). These were all bought from 1stsubaruparts.com except for the timing belt and idlers and I have the receipts to prove it. The motor can come with these parts but I'll have to charge full price for them because I need them for my engine and if you want them with the motor I will have to buy them again at full price. If you don't want them, I can remove them from the engine and put the old parts back on. The timing belt and idlers I have no use for so those come with the engine. I got them off ebay. You will still save on shipping if you want the parts though and you won't have to install them! They've all been torqued to facotry specs via the Factory Service Manual.

Also has brand new cam seals and crank seal.

Comes with both turbos VF13 and VF14. I think it has both up pipes but I only saw one when I was taking these pictures, I'll have to look for the other one. It comes with the twin turbo exhaust manifold. The VF14 spins freely with no shaft play. The VF13 has no shaft play but doesn't spin freely. It will spin by hand but it has some resistance.

I'm not shipping this, you'll need to come pick it up.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-Kimo

Knock Sensor $59.58 - 22060AA030
Thermostat $11.48 - 21200AA071
Thermostat Gasket $2.47 - 21236AA000
Water Pump $86.36 - 21111AA021
Water Pump Gasket $2.86 - 21114AA030
Oil Pump $115.16 - 15010AA103
---------------------------------
Total - $277.91

$300 (was $350) for the motor
$575 (was $630) motor with new parts

Last edited by kimokalihi on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Bump
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Airgne
Second Gear

Post by Airgne »

hmmm.
1997 Nissan Laurel ClubS25t
2001 Legacy Gt Ltd(167awhp&165.7awtq)Best 00-04 Legacy at WCSS11(West Coast Subaru Show)
1992 Legacy SS(Sold)
1991 Legacy L Wagon(Sold)(400,000+miles and running strong!!)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

hmmm.
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

too bad I couldn't put this in my 07. :( I have the money too. :evil:
Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

1998 VW GTi VR6 5MT (SOLD)
1992 SS 4EAT Winestone (minus 2 gears/SOLD)
1994 TW 4EAT Quicksilver (blown up/SOLD)
2007 Legacy SE 5MT Satin White Pearl (Mine now :))
massdrewski
First Gear

Post by massdrewski »

PM sent.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Really? I haven't gotten any pm's.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Bump Bump
Saskatoon Subaru
Second Gear

Post by Saskatoon Subaru »

still not willing to ship?
2010 Impreza WRX - 265hp

1990 Legacy 267,000km(Rebuild complete 265,423km----March 9/2008)

1991 Legacy Turbo 180,000km
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I don't know how to ship an engine. How would I go about packing it and shipping it?

Depends on what it entails on whether or not I'd ship it. Will they come to my house and pick it up or do I have to put it in a truck and bring it somewhere?
Saskatoon Subaru
Second Gear

Post by Saskatoon Subaru »

not a clue man i'd think they'd pick up but....

anyone ever ship an engine?
2010 Impreza WRX - 265hp

1990 Legacy 267,000km(Rebuild complete 265,423km----March 9/2008)

1991 Legacy Turbo 180,000km
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Pm Sent.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Strap it to a pallet. They can do pickups, but often require a dock so they can just back up and roll it on. You could call to see if they do it another way. You'll also want to specify it as a scrap engine as the shipping should be cheaper (though it's been a few years, so I don't know).
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

OK, thanks. Do you happen to know the name of any of these shipping companies? So you just get some straps and strap it to the top of a pallet and call it good?
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Somebody over on NASIOC wanted to buy the block from me so I took the heads off and got it all ready to ship and then found out it was about 112 lbs and I hadn't even packed the box yet. Greyhound was going to be the shipping choice but they only ship up to 100lb packages. I told the buyer the problem and he said he found a block locally so I gave him the money back and now I have a block sitting in my room wrapped up in saran wrap.

$200 for the block. The heads are also for sale in another thread along with the intake manifold.

$175 Heads
$100 Intake with injectors and fuel rails/lines

Shipping for the block to New Mexico was going to be $105 via UPS at 125lbs so if you want to ship it that's going to be a ballpark number for you.

I could remove the old oil pump, water pump, crossover coolant pipe, timing belt tensionor and bracket and see if that would save some weight and get shipping down a bit and it'll fit in the box better.

All the other EJ20H stuff above like the turbos and exhaust are still for sale. Make me an offer, I'd like to get rid of all the extra parts in my garage. It's pretty crowded in there.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

The new parts that were listed above are no longer for sale though. Those are all on my EJ20G now. Including the idlers, water pump and oil pump.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

BLOCK IS SOLD!