WTB: 90-91 rear strut top hats

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Andyscoobie
In Neutral

WTB: 90-91 rear strut top hats

Post by Andyscoobie »

Does anyone have any stock 1990-1991 rear suspension strut top hats that they can sell me??? I am in a real need for these parts can anyone help me out??
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

Does it matter if they are FWD or AWD? I've got a pair from a '90 L auto FWD. If they will work for you, you can have them for $30 shipped. I'm actually going to be pulling them tomorrow.
Andyscoobie
In Neutral

Post by Andyscoobie »

If the three bolts on the top of the mount/top hat can fit into a AWD model chassis I'll take em.. I know that the rubber seat that is between the mount and the spring is the same diameter. I haven't found out if it bolts straight in yet. At Subaru and on the parts page the part number is different.
If you or anyone else knows if FWD rear top hats/mounts can fit in an AWD car?
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

Keep me posted on what you find out. Although, after thinking about it for a bit, I tried fitting some STi tophats back there and they wouldn't work. So it may be a FWD/AWD thing.
Andyscoobie
In Neutral

Post by Andyscoobie »

I was told that they should bolt in. So lets give it a shot. Did you take your suspension off?
If you have a pay pal account that is a good way for me to send you money and me getting some kind of receipt. If you do bill me at my email. kingsleyimports@gmail.com Thanks Andy K
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

I haven't had a chance to pull them yet. Let me do that tomorrow and make sure they are in good condition and I will get back with you.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

wether it's fwd or awd wont matter all the tophats for the 1st and 2nd gen legacies and the 1st gen impreza are the same
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Andyscoobie
In Neutral

Post by Andyscoobie »

Thanks for the conformation that they are the same and it looks like you have tinkered with FWD and AWD suspenion before, I never have. thanks again
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

there really isnt much of a difference, however i thing wagon springshave a different spring rate than sedan springs. other than that wagon and sedan are interchangable
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

Hey, I don't know if you'll want mine, they're pretty rusty. I only got one of the rear assemblies off yesterday to check it out. I got a late start and all the damn bolts were rusted, it was a real PITA!
Andyscoobie
In Neutral

Post by Andyscoobie »

If the rust isn't going thru the mount I can clean up rust with a tool at my house. I am still interested because it is essential to have with the suspenison set up that I have. Also are they the one or two peice mount?
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

I haven't split apart the assemblies yet to see the extent. I'll get the other side off and then go pick up some spring compressors so I can get everything apart. If I remember correctly, I believe they were one piece. I will give you a progress report this weekend.

Thanks
Andyscoobie
In Neutral

Post by Andyscoobie »

I have a local fella that will give me the top hats for free. Sorry I wasted your time If you are doing STi springs you will need those anyway or you can get the STi group N mounts if they are bad. From Z1 performance. Thanks Andy K
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

No problem man.