1990 FWD Auto Legacy L part out

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
beater_legacy
First Gear

1990 FWD Auto Legacy L part out

Post by beater_legacy »

Car has about 142k miles on it. It ran just fine until a head gasket blew and I broke a head stud off in the block. Its FWD and automatic. I am looking to part out mainly just the engine, drivetrain parts and the interior but if you need something else just ask. I will ship everything except the block and tranny unless we can come to an aggrement and I can actually figure out how to ship those items. I really don't the value of the parts as I am not around this community often so I will list everthing as OBO plus shipping.

New/slightly new parts:
Timing belt--about a year ago
water pump--about a year ago
head gaskets--brand new
thermostat--brand new
Radiator--pulled from a junk car but appears to have been fairly new
KYB GR2s--about a year ago (fronts have WRX springs and STi tophats and I will seperate if needed) I will need your stockers in return to keep the car a "rolling chassis"

Pics:

Thanks,
Brandon
xbn377
First Gear

Post by xbn377 »

That looks like a 92-94 from the marker lights. Body looks decent i would swap the motor and be a sleeper.
Shawn

91 Legacy SS AT
93 Legacy L Wagon

To get your hands on superior lubricant products from AMSOIL utilize the following url:

http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1819626&page=store
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

It has a 92-94 bumper and fenders. I had to replace them but couldn't find a 90-91 in the junkyard. The plan for the moment is to part it out but keep it a rolling chassis and maybe swap in a turbo motor and AWD and turn it into an auto-x or track car. Just something purpose built for fun.

Buy my parts people! I will let them go cheap cheap cheap!
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

I just pulled several parts off the car! I've got an altenator ($45 shipped), starter ($30 shipped), power steering pump ($30 shipped), diamond coil pack ($25 shipped), radio (the one with the AUX input and EQ) ($30 shipped), both heads with valve covers ($50 shipped each), spark plug wires ($25 shipped), pair of brand new headgaskets ($40 shipped for the pair) and the water pump with thermostat housing ($30 shipped). These are out and ready to ship!
StreetNinja
In Neutral

Post by StreetNinja »

I might be interested in the transmission if it's in good/great condition. I've dealt with shipping engines/transmissions before so I could handle that part, all you'd have to do is find/build a crate.

All I can find out here are AWD transmissions but they're only going for $150-200

let me know :wink:
Erik P.
AKA: RoninEclipse2G
Your friendly neighborhood parts monkey!
[color=blue]Go Subaru Arapahoe, Englewood CO[/color]
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

What's your offer on the tranny? It shifts just fine and I've never seen a leak. Building a crate wouldn't be a problem.

I would have gotten back with you sooner but there is a local guy who was interested in buying the whole car. However, he's taking forever and I'm running out of patience.
lunes
First Gear

Post by lunes »

are you selling the body/chassis, or are you looking for an awd parts car to put one together using the fwd chassis?
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

I'm selling whatever I can off it. But since it is parked behind my garage at my apartment, I still need to be able to roll it around and my landlord wouldn't be too happy if I stripped the body panels off it. I was going to keep the shell but I don't think I want to now. If I do a Legacy project in the future, I will just start with and AWD chassis.
lunes
First Gear

Post by lunes »

oh, ok, Im stealing parts off of my automatic car and will have the trans and drivetrain out of it (awd LS), just using some structural and body pieces on my turbo 5mt car, thought if you were doing an awd project I could find my drivetrain a home rather than store it or scrap it.
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

Is the mounting bracket for the timing belt tensioner and tensioner pully in good shape? Mine appears to be stripped.
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

I don't recall there being a bracket there. I will check in the morning.
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

I believe it's partly behind the rear t-belt cover, but if its an ej22, it should be there. Thanks!
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

Are you talking about the piece right above the water pump? It appears to be made of aluminum and has several threaded holes and it is in the upper right corner of the block. If that's the one, then yeah, I have it. $20 shipped and its yours. $25 if you're in Canada. I can have it in the mail by tomorrow. Please PM me for the paypal address.
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

StreetNinja: are you no longer interested in the tranny?

fishbone79: I've got that bracket removed and ready to ship if you still need it.
Impregacy
First Gear

Post by Impregacy »

How much for the fuel rails--if you still have them?

Thanks,

Adam
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

Impregacy wrote:How much for the fuel rails--if you still have them?

Thanks,

Adam
$30 shipped sound okay?
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

Bump! Just wanted to let you all know, I still have lots of good parts left! I'll let them go cheap.
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

fishbone79: I've got that bracket removed and ready to ship if you still need it.
Whoops! How did I miss this post? I PM'ed you.
Cheers,
morgan

1992 Legacy BF
1946 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck (The Beast): http://community.webshots.com/user/fishbone79
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

This is the last bump before this thing goes to the junk yard. Please let me know if there is anything you want. I'll let it go cheap.
SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

how much for the complete strut assembly shipped to florida 33401.
-04 WRX STi - Java Black Pearl - Cobb Stage 2
-02 Forester Type S premium - Platinum Silver Metallic - Stock
-92 Legacy Sport Sedan - Onyx Black Pearl - Stock
fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

I have a list of odds-and-ends I could use. I'll PM you.
Cheers,
morgan

1992 Legacy BF
1946 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck (The Beast): http://community.webshots.com/user/fishbone79
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

SiCkSTi04--Assuming you want both the front struts and rear shocks with spings and tophats with shipping to Florida, I would like to see $200 shipped. I'll cut you a better deal if you can send me your stock assemblies as a core. (The junkyard won't pick up the car if it won't roll) The KYBs only have about 8k miles on them and the front struts have 04 WRX springs and 04 STi tophats. The KYBs are in good shape but I should mention, just for the sake of complete honesty, that the retainers for the brake lines (where the lines are held to the shock/strut) are cut down the middle and bent as they would not accomodate the stock lines without doing this. It's nothing to worry about, and you will see why I did it if you buy them. I just wanted to keep you informed.

Thanks

And fishbone--I will check on the list you sent me.

Thanks
Xander_X
First Gear

Post by Xander_X »

I need the large reflector part that says SUBARU on the trunk inbetween the lights. I uh ... hit mine with a hammer ... yeah ...
beater_legacy
First Gear

Post by beater_legacy »

I painted mine black and it didn't turn out to well so I doubt you want it. And now that I think about it, I may have thrown it away anyways. Sorry.