getting stationed in Seattle

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

getting stationed in Seattle

Post by SILINC3R »

well i just graduated from Cape May training center for the Coast Guard and im getting stationed in Seattle. My best best friend and i are leaving at 9:00 today from Georgia and trying to make in about 5 days. so if you see a rio red Legacy with Georgia plates that'll be me. Hope to meet some of yall while im there and maybe finally get to auto-x my car.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Subaru heaven

Post by kleinkid »

You are coming to Subaru heaven. Also a great place to be for the Coast Guard. What command are you going to?
Airgne
Second Gear

Post by Airgne »

sweet another legacy in the NW. were in seattle/washington will you be? there is a legacy meet in september.
1997 Nissan Laurel ClubS25t
2001 Legacy Gt Ltd(167awhp&165.7awtq)Best 00-04 Legacy at WCSS11(West Coast Subaru Show)
1992 Legacy SS(Sold)
1991 Legacy L Wagon(Sold)(400,000+miles and running strong!!)
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

kleinkid that is what i wanted to hear. the ISC station on Alaskan Way. Ill be staying aboard the Midgett

man im going to miss the meet ill be underway on the 21 of August for 3 months
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Let me know if you're coming through on I-80 or I-84.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Hope to see you!
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

i think we'll be coming through on I-90
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Depending on when you come through Idaho, give me a hollar. I'm only 10 mi. from I-90 and always happy to meet another BBS'er. Dinner or a drink perhaps?
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Man, that's a drive!

You'll love it here, Subarus everywhere. There's autocrosses a lot of places somewhat nearby as well. Hopefully they'll have a few autocrosses at the new track at Pacific Raceways some time soon, but it's only Go karts, supermoto, and private rentals right now.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

5 days!!! I drove from Medford, OR to Williamsport, PA in 3.........

20 hours a day @ 75-80 MPH the whole way. And that was me driving only....pulling a dual axle trailer.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

well so we entered day 2 today, from Kansas City made to Grande Island Nebraska and decided to hit a deer at almost 90 miles and hour. the speed limit is 75 on I-80 and we were in crusing mode. the deer had just got done eating some corn and for some reason jumped over the fence came onto the highway hit the car in the left lane who never even stopped after it happened and then luckly was knocked to the ground and spun and hit my car. i was able to move enough out of the way to where we just barely hit it. I was able to maintain control of the car thankfully and made it to the emergency lane.
The damage was very minimal to my suprise. i guess since he was knocked to the ground and not standing up we kind of ran over him instead of full on hitting him but due to the speed and its weight it bent the control arm and caused the passenger wheel to come into contact with the wheel housing. so the car is at a auto place which happens to work on Subarus and even better they have a 98 RHD legacy outback which we are using as a parts car for the control arm.
not sure how but we got very lucky in our encounter. impact from the deer was in the best location instead of the front of the car, the area where we are is a great place to be waiting for the repair to be done and though it is going to cost around 300 bucks it should be done today and we can continue our treck. right now we're chilling in the library and using my laptop just waiting for the car to get repaired.

legacy92ej22t we were going for 3 days as well, we drove 800 miles yesterday and were going to do the same but the plans kind of have changed. also for some reason my GPS changed its mind and now we are going to be driving through Salt Lake City.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

LA to Beverly, MA 50 hrs. including an hour and a half of "sleep". I don't recommend that without a Cannonball Run prize at the end.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Allentown, PA to Lake Stevens, WA in 50 hours of drive time. That included all gas & food stops. The only thing that didn't include was 5 hours for sleep for the two nights.

May not be quite as crazy as Steve, but that was still balls to the wall. The second day I made it from Wisconson to Billings, MT, around 1,100 miles or so in one day.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

On the way out I did Detroit to Laramie in a shot, IIRC about 1900 miles. Over 100 the entire way through Nebraska made that possible. I could never do that in the Mazda—the seats are nowhere near comfortable enough.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

here what the deer did to the control arm
not cool at 80
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

damn! lucky lucky. well I'm headed to seattle in a month or two for good too. Hopefully I don't hit any deer!
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

At least that is a fairly easy fix. Damn deer.

Josh and Steve, those runs weren't chemically enhanced were they? :lol:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

legacy92ej22t wrote:At least that is a fairly easy fix. Damn deer.

Josh and Steve, those runs weren't chemically enhanced were they? :lol:
Nope, however I was 19 at the time...does that count :lol:
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

No, I've never done drugs—I run on pure anger. They didn't even have energy drinks then, but I drank an ass load of Mt Dew. That was back in the summer of 2000 (the trip where I started developing my books), so I was younger then as well. Now I can't stay up past Matlock.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Congrats on the move...hope to see you at WCSS11 end of August. Can someone post a link to the show for him? Good fun and you can meet everyone at once...Drive safe! AW
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

evolutionmovement wrote:No, I've never done drugs—I run on pure anger. They didn't even have energy drinks then, but I drank an ass load of Mt Dew. That was back in the summer of 2000 (the trip where I started developing my books), so I was younger then as well. Now I can't stay up past Matlock.
Yeah Mt. Dew was the energy drink back then. I made my record run back in 1998.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT