STI Springs, WRX Suspension, Ebay Headers, etc - NEW PRICES!

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

OK, here's the thing. I have about a million pm's about the WRX suspension and the STI springs and maybe even the headers I can't remember.

Shipping on parts this large and heavy are a bitch. I don't have boxes to ship them in. Boxes large enough to ship them in cost $30 each. I don't have packing to ship them in and that's about $10 from the UPS store to pack them properly. I just shipped 2 case halves a month ago and it cost just shy of $100. So shipping would be ridiculously expensive on the WRX suspension.

I don't have a lot of time to be running around to my parents house and the UPS store to get everything shipped because I work nights and sleep half the day.

In other words it's just really inconvenient to ship large items, if it was small I have small boxes and bubble wrap but you can't really bubble wrap these kind of things.

So, from this point forward anyone willing to come pick them up gets first dibs. If no one wants to come pick them up, I will ship them if they're willing to pay for shipping and packaging. I will take a picture of the receipt just to prove I'm not charging anymore than what it costs to ship.

I am going to go sort through my pm's now.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
jrsleeper
In Neutral

Post by jrsleeper »

I just stop at a store and ask for an old box. Or hit up a cardboard dumpsters for free boxes.
StreetNinja
In Neutral

Post by StreetNinja »

The springs should fit in a USPS flat rate box. Free box, cheap shipping. Around $10 IIRC

I will Paypal ASAP
Erik P.
AKA: RoninEclipse2G
Your friendly neighborhood parts monkey!
[color=blue]Go Subaru Arapahoe, Englewood CO[/color]
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

OK, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to people on PM's I feel terrible but I just have a busy schedule and working nights and sleeping during the day doesn't help.

I just shipped a pair of heads with timing covers and an intake manifold and shipping was absolutely outrageous. I brought my own box that I got at my girlfriends work and the UPS store told me if you use a used box that's not double layered they will reject your claim if there's any damage in shipping even if you insure it.

So I had to buy the box from them which was only about $17 for a 24x24x24 box. I had them package it because i dont have the supplies and to make sure if anything broke, it was all on them.

Shipping came out to be $102. After the box, the labor and the packing supplies the grand told was $186!

This is why I do not want to ship large objects. I ended up eating $46 of that because I told the guy it would be $140 and I didn't get his approval to ship it after they told me it would be $186.

Anyways, I will go to the USPS store and ask them about the flat rate box you're talking about.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
StreetNinja
In Neutral

Post by StreetNinja »

If I'm right I want Dibs on the STi springs :P

here's the official website http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

the biggest box will run $14
Erik P.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) $13.95 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

I went to the post office and that's the biggest flat rate box they have. It also says it on that link you gave me. That's not even big enough for one spring. It's only 5.5" tall! The springs are about 6-7" wide on the bottoms.
StreetNinja
In Neutral

Post by StreetNinja »

Shit. I've sent other springs in them before but they were for different cars.

No offense but you got hosed by the UPS store. They probably laughed when you bought everything they were selling. Also, heads and an intake mani are a bit heavier than springs.

Guessing about 15lb UPS is showing ~$15. I'll give you $20 for shipping (unless you get a higher weight when measuring)

UPS shipping calculator

my zip is 80112 BTW
Erik P.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

15lbs lol. I just weighed them. 38lbs.

For whatever reason the UPS shipping calculator is only giving me estimates for next day air and 2nd day air. I never chose that, that's the only options it's showing when I put in the information.

And as far as the UPS thing, it was either that or run around trying to find supplies to ship it in only to have them not insure it when something broke.
StreetNinja
In Neutral

Post by StreetNinja »

You have to change the outgoing day to a weekday, I should have mentioned that, sorry. Since it's saturday the system assumes that it's going overnight or next day

38lbs? seriously? Well my guestimation is a little off.

that would put them at ~$33 for ground, hmmmm...

Fedex is looking nicer! for a similar sized package they're quoting ~$23

Fedex rate calculator

(remember to change the dropoff day to a weekday)
Erik P.
StreetNinja
In Neutral

Post by StreetNinja »

Oh, and I'm not trying to be an ass, I just really want these :-D
Erik P.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Looks like it would be --- End of day(3 Business Days) FedEx Home Delivery® 33.23

The box it's going in is 22x14x13 and total weight is probably 40lbs.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

UPS Ground By End of Day,
Thursday
July 30, 2009 36.69 USD*

Days In Transit: 3 Billable Weight:
40.0 lbs.
StreetNinja
In Neutral

Post by StreetNinja »

kimokalihi wrote:Looks like it would be --- End of day(3 Business Days) FedEx Home Delivery® 33.23

The box it's going in is 22x14x13 and total weight is probably 40lbs.
Send me a paypal addy and I'll take it
Erik P.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

WRX struts are SOLD.
jdmleggy97
First Gear

available?

Post by jdmleggy97 »

the header still up for sale? i was one of the first ons to ask you but you totally forgot???
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

It's up for sale still. I think I have a box big enough to ship it although I'm not sure how much shipping would be all the way to NY.

But if you're willing to pay shipping I can check it out for you.

On another note, I apologize for all the people I haven't gotten back to on the PMs. I feel like an asshole about that but it was a mess and I didn't want to ship this stuff because it's almost more of a hassle than it's worth to me.

So if I haven't mentioned it before, if someone is willing to come pick something up, they get first choice over anyone who wants their stuff shipped.
jdmleggy97
First Gear

Post by jdmleggy97 »

ill take it for 40$ if you can get me a quote pm me if you want
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

jdmleggy97 wrote:ill take it for 40$ if you can get me a quote pm me if you want
Sorry buddy, SemperGuard beat you to the punch. Just came and picked up the headers from me at 3:30 this morning along with my EJ22T crank, rods and pistons.

The Header is SOLD!