Pics of my lowered wagon

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

klaxed
Second Gear

Pics of my lowered wagon

Post by klaxed »

Here are the only before pics that I have.

Now I am rolling on Gr2's with Whiteline Ground Control Springs. As well I have added a rear swaybar set up off of a 91 ss. The handling difference is amazing. My car has almost zero body roll. I can really chuck it into a corner with reckless abandon :twisted: . My only gripe is either that the back end is too low or that the front end didn't drop enough. Any tips on how to fix this negative rake? Anyway onto the not so good pics (it was cloudy out). All in all it took me three days of off and on work to complete everything by myself. Got some help on the last day when re-lining everything up. It's kind of dirty. I need to wash it.

Bonus pic of my axleback :D
Brent

'92 Legacy Wagon Winestone, 265K on body, ~100K on engine, 5spd, kyb gr2's w/ whiteline ground control springs, sti top hats, hatch spoiler to be added soon...
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

nice!!! how is the ride now? Oh and is that a STi muffler? or just a tip.

Looks sweet, but the rear seems a little low :?
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

ericem wrote:nice!!! how is the ride now? Oh and is that a STi muffler? or just a tip.

Looks sweet, but the rear seems a little low :?
Well compared to my stock suspension, the thing rides likes it's on rails. It's a little bumpy but not too bad. I guess from what I have been told, it's sort of like the ride of an STI. Oh and it's an STI axleback, it looks cool and sounds cool too. :D

I know the back is a little low, any way to raise it a little and maybe drop the front down?
Brent

'92 Legacy Wagon Winestone, 265K on body, ~100K on engine, 5spd, kyb gr2's w/ whiteline ground control springs, sti top hats, hatch spoiler to be added soon...
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

No, no, no! It's supposed to be like that! I was just about to comment that your car is lowered properly.

The fender is cut differently on the front, so the gap is bigger from the tire to the fender. But the ride height is still the same.

Lowering the front more than the rear might make it look better, but it will just screw up your handling. Leave it like it is! It's perfect.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

:lol: I have the same issue with the back being too low with Whitelines. People are always asking what heavy cargo I have in the back.
90 L+ wgn
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

Is there a body shop that will extend my fender line down in the front so that it will even out my car? :-D
Brent

klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

Not to resurrect this thread from the dead or anything, but I figured it would be better to bump this versus making a new thread.

First off, I love how my car handles with this setup. The ride is nice too. Just that gap in the front is a little irksome. I know that I that I did the job properly.

Just for some reason I want to fix that gap.

One crazy option would be to get the rear wheel arches cut higher so as to look like the front.

Or I could swap out the springs in the front for ones that would lower the front more (and maybe raise the back a little bit). Does anyone know of springs that would accomplish this on the cheap?
Brent

sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

get bigger wheels... :-D
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Bigger wheels won't make the front even with the back.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

ok bigger wheels in the front... lol.

i was joking anyway. ur car looks really good. as for the gap. id leave it and let it grow on u, especially if the handing is really good.
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

Well, it's been 2 years and it hasn't grown on my that much.
Brent

ultrasonic
Third Gear

Post by ultrasonic »

What part number GR2?

What part numbers Whiteline springs?

You could add a 'saggy butt spacer' to the rear.

http://www.camotoy.com/products/saggybutt/index.php
-steve-

03 Legacy L Wagon
91 Legacy Sport Sedan - SOLD
94 Legacy Touring Wagon - SOLD
00 Impreza L Sport Wagon - totaled!
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

The gr2's are for 93-01 impreza which are supposed to be pretty much the same as the ones for 92-94 legacy. I don't know the part numbers.

And the whiteline springs are the lowering springs (not the flat out ones) for wagon. Don't recall the part numbers.

The saggy butt spacer looks promising but that would only bring it up like a half inch at most. That would help but I mainly want to bring the front down more.

Would there be any springs that would accomplish this? Anyone have them and want to swap?
Brent