Anyone installed JD Lighting HID kits?

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rallyguy_777
First Gear

Anyone installed JD Lighting HID kits?

Post by rallyguy_777 »

hey I am interested in getting a set of these for my BC leggy and was curious if anybody had any comments, good/bad, about them??

I want to get a set, but will then only have one set of lights(no high beams) and will also have to get rid of daytime running lights, on that its a big deal tho.

Also looking to see if the beam pattern gets all funky when you put in the HID bulbs because of possible different focal point of the bulbs.
Massimo Narini

93 legacy Turbo (aka Gracie)
-Turbo XS boost controller(6/12psi), WRX TMIC, STI sways,04 STI struts, 3'' DP, lightweight pulley,
Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

pattern will definately look like crap. The low/hi kits that use an additional shield help control the pattern, but it's always expected that HIDs in halogen housings are going to look like crap. With 3000 lumens you don't need high beams anyways, but it is kinda nice to have incase you need to flash.
1992 Legacy LS Special Wagon..
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

yeah thats what I thought lol my brother got a set for his 02 impreza, not from these guys, but same deal adn his pattern is all sorts of screwed up.
Massimo Narini

93 legacy Turbo (aka Gracie)
-Turbo XS boost controller(6/12psi), WRX TMIC, STI sways,04 STI struts, 3'' DP, lightweight pulley,