Someone broke into my subie tonight...

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

atroby91
In Neutral

Someone broke into my subie tonight...

Post by atroby91 »

I was at work when someone bashed out my driver's side window and stole my zune.. Anyone have a spare driver's side window for a '92 legacy for sale?

They didn't even bother to pull the USB cable out of my cigarette lighter charger... Just ripped it off of my zune

Pre-Theft
'92 Legacy L 5spd 98,000 miles, rusty trusty!!
MacNews
First Gear

Post by MacNews »

Damn sorry to hear about that man..did you leave the Zune displayed like that when you parked?
1992 Legacy SS -stock
atroby91
In Neutral

Post by atroby91 »

Pretty close, it was down next to my shift lever.
MacNews
First Gear

Post by MacNews »

Next time stuff it in the glovebox! I hope nothing else was stolen..make sure to check Craigslist for your Zune.
1992 Legacy SS -stock
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Ah that's shitty. Someone bashed out my friends back window last night. Nothing was stolen at all. It's fucked up.

I'm looking at car alarms as we speak.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
atroby91
In Neutral

Post by atroby91 »

i had $25 in my ashtray that was untouched. Could the back window have been a rock kicked up? or possibly a disgruntled woodland creature?
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

No. It was parked in the driveway in the middle of the city. The house is near a bar, though, so even though we've never had any problems, we're assuming that's where the perpetrator came from.
-Aaron

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
atroby91
In Neutral

Post by atroby91 »

I can see some drunken dialog.
"Hey how far do ya think i can throw this here rock?"
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

That's what we were thinking, too, but no rock was found. Also, we were partying pretty hard until about 4AM (people were occasionally going out to smoke) and no one noticed anything. So it happened long after the bars had closed. Weird, huh?

Anyways, I'm done thread jacking. Sorry :lol:
-Aaron

atroby91
In Neutral

Post by atroby91 »

thats a little more expensive than my issue lol. Still unfortunate =/
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

The rear window was probably some douche who couldn't get laid at the bar or get/win a fight and took out on the window.

Whenever I have to go to a bad area, I hide everything I can't take with me. I don't even leave suction cup marks on the windshield (friend of mine in the Roxbury war-zone had the window of his truck smashed because of it, though he took the GPS inside). I learned in Detroit that crackheads will steal an empty can out of a console. My friend lives in a decent part of Queens and his wife's Neon was broken into several times. Each time they got essentially nothing (a cellphone charger and a tape deck/portable CD adaptor they smashed on the sidewalk). Why steal something you're just going to smash? Did they think there was a hidden jack pot in a Neon and got pissed? It was probably just a smash & grab anyway. At least it makes sense if you get something you can use or sell. And alarms don't do much except partially lower your insurance. The Neon had an alarm and the people who smash & grab are filthy dirt bags who are gone quick. Maybe in some suburbs the alert means something, but in the city it's just an annoyance and people hope the car's stolen quick so they won't have to hear the noise. In your driveway, it just tells you you're too late. People suck.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

Way back in the day, when I lived in Los Angeles, a friend had a early 80s Honda Civic hatchback.

At one point he was rear ended by a Bronco, and the hatchback was distorted and couldn't put a new window in it, so we picked up some tape and clear plastic. Not hard plastic, but the thick roll stuff. We proceeded to tape up the rear window.

At a later point we head out to see a band in Hollywood. The venue has a gated parking lot and a security dork.

After the show, we come out and the drivers side window has been shattered with a spark plug and the junky boom box(car was originally a radio delete budget model) had been stolen from the back seat.

Security dork saw nothing, and heard nothing.

Even farther back in college someone stole the EQ from my radio set up. Fortunately they didn't break any windows to do it. Hubcaps disappeared from my car one night, but they left me the best one. :?

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
atroby91
In Neutral

Post by atroby91 »

They prolly paid off the security dork or maybe it was him. And to top of my weekend, i just tested positive for mono. What a great weekend...
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Mono sucks. My sister had that years ago and was sick for months until we bought her a sound system with stereo.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

Sorry to hear that! :(

But look at the bright side - It's better than H1N1!

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

naw i killed H1N1 in 2 days. mono is def worse.

LIKE A BAWSS!!
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
atroby91
In Neutral

Post by atroby91 »

Lol i'm pretty sure i had H1N1 (unconfirmed but the doc said it was really likely) about 6 months ago and its cake lol and my mom just got over a case of it.
Brunt
First Gear

Post by Brunt »

Looks like whoever stole your Zune was taught by the same candy mountain creatures that stole Charlie's kidney ;-)
1990 Subaru Legacy L Wagon - first subaru
1992 Subaru Legacy LE Touring Wagon - daily driver
1994 Subaru Legacy LS Wagon - parts car
atroby91
In Neutral

Post by atroby91 »

Brunt wrote:Looks like whoever stole your Zune was taught by the same candy mountain creatures that stole Charlie's kidney ;-)
Epic lol
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Thieves are fuckin stupid. I would know because in my past I got in trouble for it and learned a damn good lesson, making me fuckin stupid :D. But thats part of the past and I wouldn't steal ever again for any reason, especially after having stuff stolen from me after my incident, aint Kharma a bitch? Nah I deserved it haha. anyways the reason why I posted on here was because someone broke into my car several months ago and stole my EMPTY wallet, cologne, cheap sunglasses and POS cricket phone.... but left my sub, amp, and radar detector..... idiots I tell ya haha
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
atroby91
In Neutral

Post by atroby91 »

looks like "ya gotta get yourself some [new] cheap sun-glass-es" Dun a da da da nu nu nuuu da na na na nah nuh. ZZ top FTW :-D
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

haha.... WOW is all im gonna say
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D