legacy owners A+

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Dirty91Legacy
First Gear

legacy owners A+

Post by Dirty91Legacy »

Im sure everyone here has come across other car enthusiast who are straight up dusch bags. Well other than my 91 legacy i own a 1999 vw jetta 2.slow peace of shit. so there is a forum known as vwvortex and i have had the persona experience of finding out everyone on there is a dusch bag. no body helps each other out if someone fixed something and another person needs to know how to fix the same problem they have to figure it out them self and if they eventually do figure it out they just get told its wrong or stupid or ugly. every body is always flaming on each others car. ok enough with the negatives basically the point of my post is to say thanks, you guys are awesome ive only had my legacy for a year now and though i have a good knowledge of cars, and have posted some of my custom work on this site, i still need help with some stuff and eveyone one on this forum is just so eager to help and get excited to see what mods people do to there car, wether it be a full on race car setup or felting your dash for rally cross (which i did ) :D so thumps up to everyone on the forum and keep the legacy family ALIVE
When in doubt...Go flat out.
-Colin Mcrae-
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Yay!!! your awesome vwvortex sucks lol. I totally agree!
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

vwvortex is kinda like nasioc * 10. It is a good forum if you love VW's. but there is a ton of BS that you have to take with the awesome. also there are some forums on there that bring the tech. I mostly stuck with the mk1 and tech forums, pretty much hate vw's after they stopped making the corrado.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Dude, WTF noob, it's f'n spelled "douche"! What are you the same guy that designed the oil pick up on the 1.8T?

JK. But I agree. As much as I like cars, I tend to hate "car people". They're usually fearful (OMG emissions—cars are dead! OMG safety—cars are dead! OMG etc.), insecure, and closed-minded. The world's too interesting a place to be obsessed by any on thing at the expense of the rest (including personal growth). Usually I read car commentary on news sites or find forum discussions via Google searches and just shake my head at the morons, wondering who ties their shoes for them. Willful, proud ignorance. This is the only board where I've met and would like to meet more people who are on it.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

cool, i got my first A+ in my life... thanks Dirty91Legacy
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

I found the same thing with vwvortex. Ended up opting for the 'vwfixx' aka urofixx.com now apparently... this of course was many many years ago when I owned a 95 Golf 2.slow....soo many stupid issues.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
cartwheels
Second Gear

Post by cartwheels »

Yup... you guys are cool on this forum. Shame not many of you are in my area!
1994 Legacy TW
1993 Geo Tracker
1991 Legacy SS (finally got one!)
adema2626
Second Gear

Post by adema2626 »

cj91legss wrote:cool, i got my first A+ in my life... thanks Dirty91Legacy
I wish I had a Legacy :( If I have a ej22t block/pretty much everything under my car is a legacy but its in my Impreza wagon does that count??? Lol.

I did own a totaled 91 SS at one point.
-Aaron
93 Imp wag, 94 Imp wag WRX swap, 99 Imp Sedan WRX swap, 01 Imp Outback Sport, 05 Outback XT, 00 Outback, 98 Outback, 93 Leg touring, 93 Leg wag, 94 Leg wag lifted ej22t swap, 79 Brat 4x4 EA81 4spd d/r swap, 97 Crown Vic lifted
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

I have to agree. This is a pretty good community!

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
nistech414
In Neutral

Post by nistech414 »

Yeah I gotta agree also, I'm new here but have been amazed at the lack of arrogance and cockiness that I see on other forums. I poked around NASIOC a little and it didnt take long to find a few "douche bags". I'm even on a Ford Expedition forum from time to time and the same thing there, a bunch of arrogant pricks. So yeah, props to legacycentral.
92' 5 spd Legacy wagon. The beater.
97' Eddie Bauer Expedition. The family truckster.
04' Audi Allroad 2.7T. The Wifeys.
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

i agree with ya dirty... i have a an 05 VW Passat TDI and i rarely ever go on vortex unless i need to search or find something in classifieds. the subaru community is one of the best ive come across until u visit nabisco. bunch of retard kids with no idea how to support the subaru community. all they do is bash each other instead of helping out. they also know how to bring down the value of a subaru...
Lunatech
Second Gear

Post by Lunatech »

Maybe for the folks over at the vortex it's Deutsch bags :lol:
Robert,

Rio Red 1990 L sedan 5MT at least 302000 mi. and Spruce Pearl 1996 Wagon 4EAT 245000 mi.

georryan wrote:
Don't knock him for thinking outside of the box. At least he has been creative.
Smithcraft
Second Gear

Post by Smithcraft »

Lunatech wrote:Maybe for the folks over at the vortex it's Deutsch bags :lol:
That's a good one!

SC
1994 Legacy Mi

2008 Legacy GT SpecB
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Ohhh, the WhoreTex. I used to really enjoy fuckin with people on there. After like my 6th or 7th ban I grew up and got over it. I've been a member of DubSquad since 2001. :-D

I could never stomach NASIOC. I think my post count there is in the 20's. Bunch of armchair mechanics blah blah blah who really don't know shit but will spend a lot of time trying to convince you otherwise.

A new one I'm on is Peachparts.com. Its a Mercedes forum, and is quite informative and full of old dudes who have wrenched on Mercs since the bronze age.

An ofcorse, the BBS here gets several daily visits from me and I love this place. Can't wait for my next turbo subie project.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

OH NO KELLY!!! If you get another SS dont sell it!! haha
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Suigintou
In Neutral

Post by Suigintou »

I really like this community too. I'm really fortunate this is the first 'car community' I have joined. I've learned soo much from reading all the different posts here.

The only other car community I frequent would be the Auto's section of 4chan.org. Those guys are the most cynical, sarcastic and foul mouthed kids you can imagine. Funny to watch/troll tho.

LOL at the armchair mechanic comment btw. I know there are many armchair sports but armchair mechanic?? I'll be the first to tell you I'm no mechanic but I don't let that stop me from putting my car under the wrench! Thats the fun of cars imo.
Bdub
Second Gear

Post by Bdub »

I've also owned Mitsu's, which overall, the forums aren't half bad, people and knowledge wise.
But, the amount of information here blows just about any other site out of the damn water. I also dabble in the other Legacy forums, but cannot stand NASIOC. Talk about people who just want to fight for the sake of starting some E-fight.

A good example of a typical nasioc thread: New thread shows pictures of a member's car which is totaled, the next 4 comments about the thread are about what exactly happened, what insurance will give you, and how fast they were going...because these people know it all. And the other 50 are just the same members bashing each other back and forth, trying to compete over who exactly is MORE right about the accident. Can't quite understand the concept of being on a car forum and trying to consistently try and prove someone wrong. Just annoying.
Through The Generations...
91 SS 4eat
95 LSi 4eat- Sold
07 2.5i 5mt- For Sale
13 STI Sedan
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Kelly wrote: A new one I'm on is Peachparts.com. Its a Mercedes forum, and is quite informative and full of old dudes who have wrenched on Mercs since the bronze age.

Please tell me you're on Shopforum too...'tis a great MB site (I think it's the first forum I ever joined)

That's funny you guys mention Deutsch Bag...that's my user name on Rightwheeldrive.com

I never joined the whoretex...but most VW people really piss me off anyway...I only really like the guys who are into the full restoration stuff.

The guys on Cumminsforum are pretty cool too...no dickswinging is tolerated there.

NASIOC should be bombed off the face of the Earth...along with the majority of WRX owners
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

I'm on a lot of forums, and have been on a lot more in the past too, and I have to say the people on here are the most respectful of all of them. I just wish it moved a little faster around here.

I don't really mind the assholes on some forums, criticism is helpful if you know how to take it, you have to learn to not be offended by it because people have different tastes, and most of them don't know how to express their opinions in a nice way. They also tend to be kind of a closed group, in that they'll be really critical of new people and won't as much when you're their for a while and people can recognize you.

I can't stand Nasioc though, that's just too much, vwvortex is even worse.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

bbs is a very welcoming place, Ive found nothing but ALOT of information and support from these guys
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Dirty91Legacy
First Gear

Post by Dirty91Legacy »

thats why i posted this i hope it never dwells down the path of those "lesser forums" haha
When in doubt...Go flat out.
-Colin Mcrae-
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I believe I'll have been a member of this forum for 7 years coming up next month.

I've come and gone on dozens of other forums during that time, from the various Subaru forums, to Saab, Isuzu, and Mitsubishi forums as well.

Some are more informative than others, and some are more welcoming than others.

But this is still home for me.

I'm still a huge fan of the car first and foremost, as I'm certain it's the best car Subaru ever built.

But this community is unlike any other I've ever participated in.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

I highly doubt that it will ever become just "one of those" forums
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

I'll fill you all in on a little secret. This board gets its coolness via me by sheer osmosis.

I took a break from the board a while back and when I returned I noticed it was lacking in cool. Now that I have been here for a little while again the cool factor has gone through the roof again.

You are all welcome. 8)
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
Legacy777