Home Depot Lip, Can anyone help me?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

nistech414
In Neutral

Home Depot Lip, Can anyone help me?

Post by nistech414 »

Whats up guys, I've been trying to find the Hard Rubber garage door seal for a lip but can only find the soft foam ones in my area. I've been to every home depot, lowes, and hardware store around. I even ordered the G9H hard rubber door seal from sears.com only to recieve the soft foam seal. Honestly I'm not even sure if its still available. So if anyone comes across the Hard Rubber seal and would be willing to ship it to me I would be happy to paypal the cost of the seal and shipping plus any fees. I would greatly appreciate it!

I installed the soft seal with a sheetmetal brace behind it, but as you can see its hard to hide the fasteners because the foam is so soft.
92' 5 spd Legacy wagon. The beater.
97' Eddie Bauer Expedition. The family truckster.
04' Audi Allroad 2.7T. The Wifeys.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

i believe that you can use the garden edging too. i think it was bmxkelowna.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
nistech414
In Neutral

Post by nistech414 »

Thanks for t he heads up, I did a search but couldnt really turn anything up. Anyone have a line on a 1st gen Legacy specific lip? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. I'd rather buy the real thing than try to rig something up!
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

now that i look at it. I think the front lip off a 92-95 honda civic might fit. I don't really have any dimmensions so I have no clue though.

-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Could always try fiddling with a heat gun to get it to fit.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

the plastic lip is very flexible. I actually had an extra one and threw it out! doh
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Maybe you're just thinking it's hard rubber, everything I've heard about is the same foam one.

This it? Sorry, I don't have a better pic right now.

it looks like you have the same one, just mounted differently
nistech414
In Neutral

Post by nistech414 »

Hey magicmike I might look into the civic lip, might not be too expensive seeing that most civic parts arent.
And Apex3, there are two different garage door seal materials, I've seen it mentioned on some other forums. Hard rubber and soft foam. And yes, mine is mounted upside down as opposed to yours. I think I might buy another and mount it the other way with some 3m double sided tape to eliminate the screw problem. And thanks for the input guys, helps a lot.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Ohh ok. As for the screws, are you talking about how they make little bumps on the rubber? If you mount them the way mine is you have enough material that you can put the screws a little further back where they don't show, I also suggest using washers because the screws like to rip through.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

magicmike wrote:now that i look at it. I think the front lip off a 92-95 honda civic might fit. I don't really have any dimmensions so I have no clue though.
I know a few of the newer-Legacy guys have used Integra front lips and they fit well. You might just be right with using an older Civic lip...
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

What about the stock 96-98 lip? I keep looking at those and wondering. Not sure how it mounts, you might have to modify it some because of the angle on the sides of our legacys

nistech414
In Neutral

Post by nistech414 »

That 2nd gen lip looks good too! I guess I'll look around for civic/integra and 95-99 legacy lips. It all comes down to price. Thanks for the info.
I also found this universal lip on ebay, looks a lot like a garage door seal to me! Guy seems to have a lot of happy customers though.

universal lip

Theres also this on for an integra. I might go this route.

integra lip