!!!!!I need some assistance!!!!!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

edgeofvamp
First Gear

!!!!!I need some assistance!!!!!

Post by edgeofvamp »

Hello everyone, i am looking into approaching a couple aftermarket companies about producing some Projector headlights for our beloved BC's.

i personally have been disappointed at the lack of aftermarket support in this area.

I am looking to see how much support i can get for this idea, so please post as every vote for it will help out greatly and if as a community we agree that it will be a good idea, i will draw up a couple of proposals for the companies and see what we can do.

I may ask you guys to sign a petition for this later on, if it will help the cause.

Thank you and i look forward to seeing your feedback.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Hi, I think most everyone here is disappointed in the quality of lighting on these legacy's.

Problem is, and correct me if I'm wrong guys, that people aren't willing to spend top dollar on some fancy ricer looking part. I spent $700 on Morette lights for my 2nd gen legacy back in the day, and after getting the lights I regret spending that kind of money (especially since Ebay has all these Morette knock-offs for around $150).

I hesitate to even spend 300 for an EUDM glass headlight set. But I guess if you could get someone to make the lights, and for them to look good and not ricer, for around what we get the glass ones for, I'd be in.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
edgeofvamp
First Gear

Post by edgeofvamp »

Yeah i guess that is what i forgot to mention, i am not looking to get a real elaborate light, just something simple or possibly a 1 peice, cause the driver side corner light on these cars seem to always break.

I guess these will give good examples of what i mean, i apologize that the pics are of honda headlight, but they are the closest thing i could find.

http://www.xtralights.com/images/view.a ... uctId=2244

or a 1 peice like this, but not quite elaborate and obviously a single buld.

http://www.xtralights.com/images/view.a ... uctId=1005

I hope that these give a little bit of an idea, sorry for the rough visual before.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The EDM lights are absolutely amazing compared to the 90-91 USDM lights and are well worth the money. Especially if you rewire them with a relay kit so they are getting power directly from the battery.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

I know that you'd need to install some sort of resistor for the first O2 sensor (it detects 'catalytic coverter efficiency') and there's also a stock EGT sensor in the UP.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

asc_up wrote:I know that you'd need to install some sort of resistor for the first O2 sensor (it detects 'catalytic coverter efficiency') and there's also a stock EGT sensor in the UP.
Somehow makes your headlights brighter? :lol:
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

What the Hell? Josh, I think I'm somehow having a posting problem with the BBS. This is the third time that I've responded to something in one thread and it posts my response in another thread.....
-Aaron

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

That said, +1 to the EDM headlights.
-Aaron

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

asc_up wrote:What the Hell? Josh, I think I'm somehow having a posting problem with the BBS. This is the third time that I've responded to something in one thread and it posts my response in another thread.....
Hmm, keep me or Dave posted on whether this happens again and where. Only thing I can think of is something is funky with the database.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

Post by 91legacyawdturbo »

let me know how this goes I'm personally dissapointed myself with the aftermarket, hence why I've built some things. I'm currently looking at piecing two headlamp units together.
What I'm thinking of is an SVX headlamp with projectors and a high beam, taking a spare set of legacy units, cut the backs out and take the front of the svx lenses off and combine the two units together, with the svx unit the fog lamp will have to be cut off. I'm also planing on using my hid kit on the low beam(projector). any ideas on this?
Brian.
91 SS, v9 ej207 twin scroll swap, Gda wrx dash swap.
2002 wrx sport wagon
edgeofvamp
First Gear

Post by edgeofvamp »

Ok, i haven't found a specific company to approach yet, most lean towards hondas, but i have found a company that professionally modifes stock units, check them out i am working with them to build a simple upgrade and a wild upgrade and i will let you know the outcome or maybe send pics of the mild upgrade when we get it figured out.

Here is there sight if you wanna check them out, http://www.cincitydesigns.com/

Let me know what you think, after you check out there sight!!!!
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

I like the lights on the Evo X on their main page. It fits the overall style of the car. I wonder if they could make a projector set for our cars that follow the 80's/early 90's form without them looking too busy?
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

teh problem on the manufacturing side is there would be little in terms of consistent demand.

these cars are old, and whatever batch of lights they make will most likely be for those involved here.

i am still totally down though. i need 2 more projector lights anyway hahaha
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
edgeofvamp
First Gear

Post by edgeofvamp »

Anyone have a pair of old headlights they could send me?

Cincity has agreed to take a look at them and see what can be done, but i cant find my spares(lost them in the move, along with some other parts), so if anyone got a pair they can send me, please let me know.

Thanks for helping support this guys.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

matthew044 will have some. PM him and let him know
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
edgeofvamp
First Gear

Post by edgeofvamp »

Hey, i PM'd matthew044 a couple of times, anyone jnow if he is on or are my PM's not sending?
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

I haven't gotten any PMs. As soon as the lights Zach sent me get here I can sell mine to you. I would be very interested in a set of better headlights as long as they were reasonably priced and non-ricer looking

O, BTW there are 2 w's in my username
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

After looking at that site, I feel that they could build a very likeable set by most of us. I also feel that they will be quite spendy though. I guess only time will tell.
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

Post by 91legacyawdturbo »

Are we talking post or pre face lift, pre would be awsome but I know atleast three post face lift car owners would be interested.
91 SS, v9 ej207 twin scroll swap, Gda wrx dash swap.
2002 wrx sport wagon
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I recommend the EU set as well. I have Hella 90mm projectors and the project was a bitch and not cheap. The lights are definitely good, but not worth it in the end.

After checking out a set, I'm pretty sure the post facelift would be MUCH easier to fit a set of projectors into as the units have more depth so the body might not have to be cut to fit the lamps and the post facelift don't have an annoying mounting bracket that needs to be dramatically chopped up. Could be worth doing over an EU set. Maybe.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Those ones on their site look nice but I think they're $450 so I'm out.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
edgeofvamp
First Gear

Post by edgeofvamp »

Thank you mattheww044, the reason you didnt get them, was probably due to the missing "W".

As far as the headlights go, i found a set for both the pre and post-facelift cars, and i will be sending them both in, along with pictures of the mounting position on the car and the measurements, so they can compensate for any clearance issues.

As far as the price, that hasn't been discussed, as that bridge hasn't been reached yet.

What i am looking to find out first, is 1. if they can do anything to improve the headlights to a large extent, 2. see what kind of clearance issues cant be avoided and 3. How good of work they do first hand, i dont want to suggest them to anyone for sure, without making sure that there work isn't for a lack of better work shabby.

I am looking for something bright and simple and by everyones responses i am guessing everyone is looking for the same, is there anyone that is looking for anything more flashy, if so let me know?