New member, 1990 Legacy wagon

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Guig'z
In Neutral

New member, 1990 Legacy wagon

Post by Guig'z »

Hello, well I'm a new member here. Looking to know more on the 1st gen Subaru cuz I'd like to buy a second one. I just turned 17, been gifted that 1990 Subaru Legacy Ls AWD wagon for my 16th yrs old by my dad. Everything is working A1, family owned, wasn't even born when this was bought! FULL equip! I just like it so much!

We changed the front fender, and did a bit of rust. But I need to re do it when I will have time. Did a few mechanical work, changed the steering, put a sound system, and a HID kit and polished the lights.

I'm currently looking for a lift kit ( 2-3 inch) and some fog lights ( doing steel bumper's and skid plate) and new nice summer wheels to put on ( drop it in summer)

I'm also looking for a 1st Gen Legacy Turbo or not, but manual. I am from Quebec, Canada, so if anyone knows someone..!

Well here is my rig, 178 000 km on it, 2.2L ( I think? ) non-turbo ( :( ) and automatic ( :( :( ), but full equip!

What do you think about it? I'd like some advice! Engine picture soon!

Guillaume
John1
In Neutral

Post by John1 »

You want to lift and slam the same car?
I want an AWD Subaru in the worst way.
Guig'z
In Neutral

Post by Guig'z »

In fact, i'd like to find a system that in winter I can lift it up a bit , and when summer come, put it on this normal height.

Maybe spacers? I don't know about suspension..what can be done and what can't be done.
Hyena
In Neutral

Post by Hyena »

Nice bike, I so want to go back up to whistler again. Dirt Merchant and Freight Train are calling my name.
93' Legacy L AWD Wagon- Teal Metallic - Auto
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Well, Subaru equipped some LS & LSi wagons with adjustable air suspension, there's a height switch on the dash. Jacks it up in the air for weather/terrain conditions. If you find one in working condition (rare) you *might* be able to swap it in, although I suspect you'd be better off buying and driving the donor. :roll:

Too bad I just GAVE AWAY my LS with working air ride (and toast 4EAT) :evil:
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen