Another sad fuel economy plea....

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

suba
First Gear

Post by suba »

I only wonder about the o2 sensor due to past experience with non oem parts (ie, walker). I know most older toyotas have issues with the bosch parts and only work with denso for the most part, but the opposite seems to be the case with subarus (makes sense with bosch being the oem I suppose). maf has been checked, knock sensor is next, probably take a look at that tomorrow during the oil change.
90 Legacy L AWD 5mt
Formerly of the USMB but moved from an RX to a Legacy
suba
First Gear

Post by suba »

Checked the knock sensor, cracked. Replaced with an OEM sensor (updated part number). Tomorrow I'm headed up to coeur dalene so we'll see if there is any improvement in the mileage.
90 Legacy L AWD 5mt
tturnpaw
First Gear

Post by tturnpaw »

I suggest you reset the ecu before you take that trip. Use the green and black connectors by the ecu. The way how is on here.
suba
First Gear

Post by suba »

Didn't have a chance to reset the ecu yet, but I did manage to get 23.5 mpg this weekend, a full 3.5 mpg increase.
90 Legacy L AWD 5mt
tturnpaw
First Gear

Post by tturnpaw »

Glad to hear it.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

evolutionmovement wrote:I hate Bosch products, but I think that's the one I used and had no problems. Is the failure covered under a part warranty?
How do you hate Bosch products? :? I can safely say that's the first time I've ever heard that.

Anyways, carry on, good luck, I don't have anything to add that hasn't been mentioned