umm.. is this a subaru engine????

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Imprezive
Fourth Gear

umm.. is this a subaru engine????

Post by Imprezive »

1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

Naw, it's a V-6. I can't see any markings, and I'm not at all embarrassed to say that I can't tell if it's a Nissan or a Toyota.
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

I think thats the four cylinder out of the Toyota van. I could be wrong, I've never actually seen the top of one, and never knew they came supercharged, nor really ever cared. :)

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

That is a sweet van! I'd love to have one of those with a supercharger haha. In good condition.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

It's an I4 and very likely is an EN07 like the ad states, but I've never seen one. It looks like it has 2 heads, because the cylinders lie nearly flat, but the other side is the supercharger. You can see the intake runners for the 4 cylinders coming from the intake on the other side and the 4 plug wires coming from a distributor (yuck) on the back of the head.

As for the Toyotas, the Previa had a supercharged version. How do I know this? No, I'm not a van enthusiast (though bullying my way through Boston traffic in an E150 was fun). I looked at using the manual transmission for my project car since the vans were mid-engined.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

That IS a subaru motor.the sambar used it,always wanted one of those.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
cartwheels
Second Gear

Post by cartwheels »

Ding ding ding! Subaru Sambar engine.
1994 Legacy TW
1993 Geo Tracker
1991 Legacy SS (finally got one!)
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Ya, doesn't look like the yota motor after some research.

What car did this motor come in?
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

"658 cc engine mounted in "Subaru Pleo" developed based on new light car regulation is explained, which is composed of 4-cylinder in line, SOHC, 8 valves, and supercharger. The supercharger was designed to increase the torque in low- and middle-engine speed ranges, and achieve the cost-performance equivalent to natural aspiration type engine. The torque was increased by enlarging supercharger. Intercooler was omitted by applying low-pressure supercharger. Constitution of engine control systems are explained by using illustrations, which are control of supercharging pressure, relief solenoid valve, fuel return system, ignition system, and integrated control system between engine and transmission. Besides, relation between fault contents of electric system and diagnostic codes is mentioned."

First thing that came up on google
http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/1 ... 426460.php

Also found this when I looked up what a Sambar was :shock: :P

SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

No shit! Guess I didn't look very closely at the pics. :smt095
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!