Easily amused

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Redneck Wolf
First Gear

Easily amused

Post by Redneck Wolf »

Ok, so I met some friends for lunch in Portland today, and I came out of the place to see this

1993 Ice Blue metallic sedan

1993 silver wagon
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

3 generations right in a row. nice...
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

haha thats awesome... were those your friend's or just random?
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Once I pulled up to my corner store and there were 3 1990 all lined up. I looked at one owner and said "you get this right?"

He said

"Yep"
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
Redneck Wolf
First Gear

Post by Redneck Wolf »

Mattheww044 wrote:haha thats awesome... were those your friend's or just random?
Just random.
1993 Ice Blue metallic sedan

1993 silver wagon
epicfail
First Gear

Post by epicfail »

sqc151 wrote:3 generations right in a row. nice...
...The evolution of the Legacy wagon. Too bad it doesn't continue, as we'd be able to see the shocking increase in size of the current edition.
DouglasVincent wrote:I looked at one owner and said "you get this right?"
Was it that nearby residents are all of lower income? :o
[quote="RJ93SS"]u fail, epicly[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]Don't do drugs, kids, men may not need nipples, but we look a lot funnier without them.[/quote]
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Wow. Elitist much? Just cause somebody drives an older car doesn't automtically make them poor.

I "could" drive a much newer vehicle. I don't finance and am not impressed enough with newer cars to pony up for one.
Dave
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I'm an elitist and am looking to drive an older car again, but to most people, these are just old cars, so they probably drive them because they lack the income for something newer. However, unlike many other cars, being Subarus, they could also be like some of us in that we're not tools of the marketing machine that tells us our identities are found in what we drive, wear, etc. (written by the guy who's currently waffling on a good deal on a '99 5MT wagon because it's purple). New cars do suck and they don't come as small wagons or with manual transmissions more and more often anymore. They feel flimsy, too. I think the old Subarus feel tough in a way similar to a truck. I'd buy a re-issued 1990 Legacy (but with improved headlights, I'd hope) over the ugly barges they make now for the same price.

Off track again. Anyway, I think he was just making an off-color observation instead of making a crack. If anything, it would be self-deprecating, I suppose, were it an insult.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

epicfail wrote:Was it that nearby residents are all of lower income? :o
ha ha, I thought it was clever enough.

Guys let's not kid ourselves. Yes new cars suck. Yes 1st Gen Legacy is wonderfully capable, subtle, and reliable. Yes we drive them because we choose them over domestics and FWDs.

But there is a reason why most (all?) of us are not importing RS-RAs and doing LHD conversions. And who here can honestly say that they wouldn't have a 22b in the collection if it weren't for budget constraints.

For many of us the SS is the only turbo Subaru we can afford, or could afford (or existed) when we bought. And then got hooked....

New cars suck, but if I had more money I'd have an Esprit for the summer
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

One of those left me dead when I was pacing him at 120. Looked at me through the sunroof, smiled, and took off from that speed like we had been sitting at a stop light.

But if I were loaded I'd have my wagon, '84 hardtop, an Alfa Romeo Montreal, a '56 Cadillac, and cars of my own design. I'd also have another couple I'd constantly be changing out. No 22b and probably nothing worth more than $35k, depending on what/if my designs would sell for.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

I don't think I will ever own anything but a Legacy. My SS, and hopefully a 05ish GT for a DD. Im not gonna lie though, if I suddenly got really rich and could have whatever I wanted, I would probably get a really nice audi or porsche, but realistically, there is no point in me having one haha
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
epicfail
First Gear

Post by epicfail »

I didn't mean for it to turn into a sociological discussion, honest.
Elitist, yes. In that I am below the statistical poverty line for household income in Wa state.
[quote="RJ93SS"]u fail, epicly[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]Don't do drugs, kids, men may not need nipples, but we look a lot funnier without them.[/quote]
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Ok I have a challenge for everyone - Pin down the year of each car :p

The more specific you are to the year and why, the more points you get.