Chip for stock ECU!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

brweber352
First Gear

Post by brweber352 »

I'm sure everything is fine and the chip will be out in the next month or two, stay positive guys. As far as professionalism goes, when I got the stage 2 VF11 chip in the beginning of last year he answered all my questions and I kept a running e-mail with him until I quit e-mailing him later in the year, the e-mail was longer than this sentence :lol: . When I updated to the stage 2 TD04 chip I had a slight problem and just called him and left a message, he called me later that day and was very helpful in correcting the problem, which was my fault. I'm sure this is a matter of circumstance, he is probably under alot of stress trying to get the chip together and moving to Cali from Canada is probably not an easy task. Plus he fried the chip on 1/20 which is probably why shipping is delayed on orders placed on or after this date, and the orders will ship out 2/8(worst case). It took him about two weeks to get the chip going again last time he fried it. I think he is devoting all he has to getting the chip together, the faster he gets it out the quicker he can make a profit. He's probably getting flooded with numerous e-mails as well. I now this is a business, but he is only human. I say give him a break, I never thought I would see the day when a chip was available for our cars that would let us run a Jecs MAF, any size injector we want, have a built in FCD, and still keep all the factory safety features, for only $250! He seems like an honest person that doesn't want to rip anyone off, which is rare these days. When I updated my chip I told him to keep the $50 bucks for all the hard work he has put into this chip, he insists that I still have the deposit available to update my chip any time I wish, WOW!

I'm convinced that in about 2 months we'll all have custom tuned Subies and he'll be rolling in the dough. I may have to eat these words but I'm gonna stay positive for all of us. Hope you guys can see where i'm coming from on this.

Brian
93'TLegWag171k StockBlock,TD05,HallmanMBC,530cc,Walbro255,shortram,LWpulley,DIS-2,MSDcoil,cxrFMIC,trans cooler/external filter,WRX wheels/brakes,CES w/Borla muffler,QTP elec cutout,REVchip2,KYB GR2,GroupN tops/all fr bushings,STImounts,GSD3 tires,LM-1,etc
kbeefy
First Gear

Post by kbeefy »

I think it's pretty unreasonable to get upset because of a couple week delay, especially from a one man show catering to such a small market. I've gotten run arounds from the biggest aftermarket companies out there, then after waiting months or even a year was told sorry, I (and my customer) are out of luck, hope you'll still buy stuff from us.
'92 Legacy SS, AGX, GC coilover, ALK, 20mm ARSB, FCD, MBC, iceracer, rallyx and DD
'87 Mustang GT roadracer, to many mods to list
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

I will definately wait til his moving situation is all taken care of before I buy my chip. I don't think he is trying to scam anyone or anything like that, just trying to get his life situated, and maybe doesn't have access to his computer or at least limited access due to the move. I'm sure he will be back online to help everyone once he gets moved in. I personally cannot be thankful enough for what he has done for us and our cars, and can't wait to get the chip!
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

I don't think anybody was implying he was a scammer. I'm just itching for that frikking user chip!! haha. "I wanna go fast"
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

yea me too. Hopefully we get an update soon!
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
kbeefy
First Gear

Post by kbeefy »

also waiting for an update, I've got the JECs, TD04, forester TMIC, and 440 cc injectors... revtronix and a Walbro and I'm ready for summer!
'92 Legacy SS, AGX, GC coilover, ALK, 20mm ARSB, FCD, MBC, iceracer, rallyx and DD
'87 Mustang GT roadracer, to many mods to list
crashnburn
First Gear

Post by crashnburn »

excited for the new chip. looking forward to the release. stage 2 rocks for now.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I will probably buy the user tuneable chip when it comes out although if I see one for the TD04 for sale on this board for cheap I may jump on that.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

you just missed one kimo! I wanted to get it, but I still need the Td04 and injectors, so it wouldn't do me much good :(
Boostedballs
First Gear

Post by Boostedballs »

So what's the scoop on this?

I am ready to get a chip if it will work with the VF39 and Jecs MAF.
Air-to-Water Intercooler, VF-39, 550 injectors, AEM FIC, stainless race header, 3" stainless exhaust, 75hp Nitrous, 150psi H2O injection, intake mods, stock: long block, 4EAT, ecm.
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Boostedballs wrote:So what's the scoop on this?

I am ready to get a chip if it will work with the VF39 and Jecs MAF.
I ran this combo (w/440s) last summer and ran fine. Won't be optimized for the VF, of course, but it will work.

It ran about 17-18.5 PSI, which is about 1-1.5 psi over what the chip does w/the TD04.

TD
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

anybody hear from revtronix yet...
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

ya i really want my stage 1 :(
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
chochocho
Second Gear

Post by chochocho »

looks like their website was hacked....
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

I emailed them today since I ordered mine yesterday but haven't gotten a reply yet. Someone should call them.
VF43 custom FMIC APEXI intake Invidia 3" TBE JDM Ver. 4 RA STi trans (4.44) SPT short shifter rear LSD WRX rear axels coilover suspension JDM 4-pot front brakes drilled slotted rottors Greddy EBC tuned 20G ECU sti 550cc injectors Jecs MAF walbro 255
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

no need to worry guys. i know mike and have met him on numerous occasions. He helped put my injectors in and fix some bugs on the car. He seems very honest and trustworthy and the guy is like a walking computer. He is retarded smart.

He just moved to cali for a year. He's a helicopter engineer and they needed his help in the california facility so im sure he's just getting settled in and is very busy with work and life. I know it's been a long wait but he is probably just as eager to get these chips out as we are. Especially if you seen what he's done to his 92ss.
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Their forum has been taken over by spammers.

While I can understand life gets busy, to drop the ball on a [side] business for over a month now, isn't very professional.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
bmxkelowna
Fourth Gear

Post by bmxkelowna »

okay well while we are waiting to hear back has any one ran stage two with a td05 dohc heads and 370 injectors?
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

You should realistically get atleast 440CC.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

RJ93SS wrote:no need to worry guys. i know mike and have met him on numerous occasions. He helped put my injectors in and fix some bugs on the car. He seems very honest and trustworthy and the guy is like a walking computer. He is retarded smart.

He just moved to cali for a year. He's a helicopter engineer and they needed his help in the california facility so im sure he's just getting settled in and is very busy with work and life. I know it's been a long wait but he is probably just as eager to get these chips out as we are. Especially if you seen what he's done to his 92ss.
Hey RJ93SS you seem to be on the in with Mike. Any chance you could maybe put a bug in his ear as to when he thinks he'll be back at it?
VF43 custom FMIC APEXI intake Invidia 3" TBE JDM Ver. 4 RA STi trans (4.44) SPT short shifter rear LSD WRX rear axels coilover suspension JDM 4-pot front brakes drilled slotted rottors Greddy EBC tuned 20G ECU sti 550cc injectors Jecs MAF walbro 255
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

bmxkelowna wrote:okay well while we are waiting to hear back has any one ran stage two with a td05 dohc heads and 370 injectors?
Yeah definately don't run stock injectors with a TD05.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

logan9691 wrote:
RJ93SS wrote:no need to worry guys. i know mike and have met him on numerous occasions. He helped put my injectors in and fix some bugs on the car. He seems very honest and trustworthy and the guy is like a walking computer. He is retarded smart.

Hey RJ93SS you seem to be on the in with Mike. Any chance you could maybe put a bug in his ear as to when he thinks he'll be back at it?
yeah, except he's in cali now, not 10 minutes down the street like before.
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

Could you call him/email him/txt him. We need updates!
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

I have the worst timing, since I bought my chip back in December but took until now to install it.

I am having issues but am getting no support from Mike. Now I know why.

Can anyone else help me troubleshoot why my car won't start with the chip in?
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

I ran into that same problem with my 2nd stage 1 chip. Wouldn't start at all. I put the original chip back in and it started fine. No idea about why.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.