knock sensor connector

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

knock sensor connector

Post by kleinkid »

WTB: A knock sensor connector. The side that plugs into the knock sensor connector itself, along with several inches of the wire.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

I'm confused - you need the sensor side or ECU side of the wire?
SUBARUEHS Racing
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

harness side. if it was the knock sensor im sure hed buy another one rather than try and find one.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Looks like you have the same problem as I do. I finally located my knock sensor wire and found out why I couldn't find it. The connector is missing. Also all the wires are brittle and cracked exposing the wiring to the elements and they're all covered in oil too.

Hit up the local junkyard and cut the harness off a 90 legacy right where it comes out of the firewall in case I ever need any of the other connectors.

I'd go this route if I was you. It's cheap and you get all the wires you could need. But I'd suggest bringing something other than a utility knife as that took me a while to get through that thick harness and I cut my knuckles open twice slamming them into things when it slipped.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Yep, harness side, going to the ECU. Pruning shears with 2+ handle work great for lopping off harness bundles.

What, you let your tool slip and cut yourself, felt so good you did it again?

Sure glad I have never done anything like that. Just can't remember where these scars on my hands came from though.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Well, they were anouncing over the intercom that the place was closing and to get your shit and head up to the desk to check out. I was in a hurry with a dull razor blade.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

I was thinking about you when I got the connector and wire from a part out today. When I got home I noticed that the center wire is intact but the shielded wire is pulled away from the pin in the connector. Going to try to see if I can fix it before procurring another one.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

If you're skilled with a soldiering iron, you can repair it. I've done it without issue.
SUBARUEHS Racing
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I was in a hurry and didn't really look that hard at mine, hopefully it's in good shape. I did notice there was cracked jackets on the cam sensor connector though and there's also cracked jackets on the connector that's in my car now which is another reason I got the harness. Sucks, I dunno how I'm going to fix that now. Was just going to cut off the connectors and swap them. But now... There was only 1 other car that had a harness still and it was also missing the knock sensor connector so I passed on that one.
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

I got the pin out of the connector. It looks like you can lay the center wire in it along with the shielding, maybe drip some solder on them , then crimp.

Have never soldered before, so have to buy tool etc.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

kleinkid wrote:I got the pin out of the connector. It looks like you can lay the center wire in it along with the shielding, maybe drip some solder on them , then crimp.

Have never soldered before, so have to buy tool etc.
That's exactly what I did. If you're buying an iron, try and get one with variable heat settings. I also recommend some very thin soldier. A little bit goes a long ways.

Too much and the pin won't snap back into the connector. A desolidering braid (like $3 at radioshack) will help if you get too much solider on the pin.
SUBARUEHS Racing