Whiteline Front sway bar Clearance issues.

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Redlined
Fourth Gear

Whiteline Front sway bar Clearance issues.

Post by Redlined »

Finally getting around to installing some of the parts that have been lying around on my parts couch all winter staring at me. Today I decided to install the whiteline 22mm blade adjustable front sway bar.

Everything seemed to be going well and I was thinking I might be able to get the rear in today as well since things where going so smoothly. But then I started having trouble getting the passenger side fitted. the bar didnt want to sit flush so the mount bracket could slide over it. At first I thought maybe the car was sitting lopsided on the jackstands. I removed the passenger side endlink and the problem became obvious.

The passenger side of the Cross member on my SS has a clearance bump to clear the exhause. The swaybar doesnt fit over this.

So my question is... did I get the wrong damn bar or am I reduced to taking a hammer to my beloved vehicle to clear the swaybar? ANYONE else have this issue?
Dave

Re: Whiteline Front sway bar Clearance issues.

Post by kimokalihi »

Interesting. I know others use whiteline front bars so that's odd. I plan on buying the same adjustable swaybar in the near future.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Are you sure its not on upside down?
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Yeah. With the ears pointed up so it crosses UNDER the steering arms.
Dave