ECU pins for BCS?

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

skid542
Fifth Gear

ECU pins for BCS?

Post by skid542 »

After listening to the problems Gabe has had with the BCS I have realized that when I re-loomed my wiring harness and got rid of extra connectors I'd made a mistake. I cut the BCS connector off figuring since I won't be using it, I didn't need it. I failed to recongize that the ECU would be upset if it were missing, thinking I'd unplugged my a while ago without any problems.

So that brings me to today, since I now know I need to have it hooked up and finding the clipped wires will be tricky at best, I'm thinking I need to address the problem at the ECU.

Going through the FSM's I've found the reference to the BCS but I get referred to the SMJ page which I'm not seeing.

So the question is - what pin on the ECU controls the BCS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Re: ECU pins for BCS?

Post by Alphius »

It's connector F47 on the ECU, the biggest one that has 26 pins. Pin number 3 is the BCS line, it is black with a white stripe.

I love Alldata. :D
skid542
Fifth Gear

Re: ECU pins for BCS?

Post by skid542 »

Thanks Gabe. I saw your post and some more digging in the other PDF of the FMS's confirmed your answer :) (I sliced my thumb right on the pad so I got stopped from working on the car today and got confined to fishing and reading)

Hopefully that BCS showed up today too, let us know how it works out. And BTW, I got your PM and am still jealous of your five spokes ;).
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.