I need a few parts and have a few questions

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
92legacyL
First Gear

I need a few parts and have a few questions

Post by 92legacyL »

hey my name is alex i got my 92 legacy L about 3weeks ago and i was wondering if i could put 02 wrx headers on my car it says they are 2 and a half inch and so is mine and the parts i need are

passenger fender

passenger rear quarter window trim
anyone who has some advice or parts please help
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Re: I need a few parts and have a few questions

Post by SLODRIVE »

A WRX header won't fit, and wouldn't help your car.

As far as the other parts...Where are you?
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

WRX exhaust manifold will have an extra attachment point for the turbo to bolt to. As long as your 2.2 has dual-port heads you should be able to use an aftermarket header meant for a 2.5L NA 2.5RS
-'97 Outback - EJ25 block/pistons/HLA heads, EJ22T crank/rods/ECU, EJ20G intake manifold/fuel rails/440cc injectors, VF8 @ 11psi. . . . Fuel cut > me
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

look this is what i have and wanna do

I have a 92 legacy L ej22 n/a i want to put a header on and run a straight pipe into my hks muffler i plan on buy some ngk wires and plugs here soon. can anyone please tell me what is the best fit header for my car and also does any have one of those red jdm front emblem badges? i found one on ebay but definatly not 28 dollars for it plus shippin! Hoenstly ya'll i have more questions anyone wants to give me some answer just post here i work at 5 so i will be online till then!!
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

also i want to put a chip on anyone know of any? or ecu upgrade?
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

Here are some headers that will fit an N/A Legacy just fine.

As far as an ECU/chip, you have options ranging from about $300 to way more than most Subarus are worth. :lol: Kinda depends on what your goals are, but there's MAF tuners, piggyback ECUs and standalone units out there. From what the goals you've described so far, I'm not sure you'll really need any of them.
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Alex, I'm gonna be blunt here; If your goal is to go faster, save your money, sell the L (or part it out) and buy a turbo Legacy to start with... You'll spend WAY more than your car is worth trying to tune a normally aspirated 2.2 Subaru and you still won't be happy with it. These are not WRXs, they're econoboxes, relax and enjoy the good mileage. There's no market for NA 2.2 tuner parts like in the Honda world.

If you just want it to sound better, go with the 2.5RS header and the HKS like you mentioned, forget about chips these cars are too old for plug & play ECU upgrades, you're looking at at least a piggyback on up to full standalone ECU for not much gain.

...and post some pictures! :P
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

dude i bought it for 480 and the only problem with it is it needed a front fender the whole car is pretty perfect besides that and a chip in the dash which i accidently did but i mean i could use a universal greddy turbo from my srt4 that i havent put on yet and buy the other turbo component and run it on like 4-6 psi comfortably i really want it for the local rally here also i found a venom 400 for my whip its like 300 free shipping and its programes for the legacy n/a ej22 but for now i just want a nice sounding exhuast for now and a little bit of power i did take all the panels in back and the back seat and the seat belts which weighed 15.8 pounds by themselves so ya i got a little bit lighter does anyone know how to get the self that has the third brake light off? ya i will post some pics here soon
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

You'll spend far more than you paid on upgrading that car when you could take the same money and buy a stock 91-94 turbo legacy and it'll still be faster. Get a 91 SS and sell the L and then you'll have a turbo legacy that's got 160hp vs 130 you have now and you'll have an LSD rear end. Then you can rally the piss out of it.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

OK, now you're getting somewhere! :) You can use the whole WRX/STI front turbo exhaust setup if you change out the front crossmember to one from a factory turbo car... someone's selling one here, check the want ads. It has the cutout to clear the up-pipe. There's one on Ebay too.

CROSSMEMBER LINK

That back shelf cover is just pressed it, with a few plastic rivets, go into the trunk and you'll see them sticking thru just pop them out.

I wasn't trying to bum you out, I just hate seeing people waste money... if you're gonna turbocharge it, you've come to the right place! 8)
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

Aerotech wrote:OK, now you're getting somewhere! :) You can use the whole WRX/STI front turbo exhaust setup if you change out the front crossmember to one from a factory turbo car... someone's selling one here, check the want ads. It has the cutout to clear the up-pipe. There's one on Ebay too.

CROSSMEMBER LINK

That back shelf cover is just pressed it, with a few plastic rivets, go into the trunk and you'll see them sticking thru just pop them out.

I wasn't trying to bum you out, I just hate seeing people waste money... if you're gonna turbocharge it, you've come to the right place! 8)
nope its all good man u didnt burn me ya helped me out i look and found a ej22t rebuilt online but is the ej20 better? your serious about the self i thought it was gunna be way harder than that actually after i post this im going out there to get it umm ya still no pics its in my garage at my parents rental the garage is not well lit but it is a free place to store the whip. i will have some posted tonight. hey message me back on here gotta work at five again but ill be on by 11.
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/rac/My%20Documents/Mfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/rac/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Picture%20006.jpgy%20Pictures/Picture%20005.jpfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/rac/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Picture%20010.jpggfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/rac/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/My%20dvd%20player.jpgfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/rac/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Passenger%20view.jpgfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/rac/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Front.jpg
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

how do i post pics
crashnburn
First Gear

Post by crashnburn »

first find a image hosting website. like imageshack, upload the picture and then post the link to the picture in the img tag.
91 Legacy SS 440s, vf39, FMIC, LSD, Revtronix Stage 2, MSD Coil