Questons about tuning with Jecs maf

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

nicklmort
In Neutral

Questons about tuning with Jecs maf

Post by nicklmort »

I was wanting to pick up a jecs maf for my car because im pretty sure im near the max flow of the hitatchi. 13 psi on a td04? i think so. My problem is that i want to pick up and install the jecs now but i dont want to bring my car and pay 150 bucks to have a re tune done. i want to wait till i do injectors and a fuel pump toget it re tuned professionally.

I have an apexi neo a/f contoller on the car now. So i was wondering if i posted what the air map numbers that are on it now if someone could tell me what i should change them to when i put the jecs on. I dont have a wide or shortband either so it makes it harder. I just thought someone could figure out what it should be tuned to with the jecs on because the voltage and flow is different and it would be a set amount. i really have no idea how to tune the car cause i have no experience with it. ive just played with it enough to know how to change stuff.
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Re: Questons about tuning with Jecs maf

Post by SLODRIVE »

No offense, but this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. You need to tune the MAF to YOUR car, and since every car's different, it doesn't really work to have someone online tell you what values to put in each field on your map. Since you stated you know nothing about tuning, go pay someone to hook up a wideband (which you should really have anyway) and do it for you. It's still cheaper than melting your pistons. :wink:
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Sadly, I second the above post.
OR even better, you might want to turn down the boost to 11 for now, and get ALL of the upgrades and do it at once,
That way you are doing the tune just once, and for all of your improved parts.

You could probably do the fuel pump by itself with no re-tune, but the injectors will probably need a tune.
( which size are you going to?)
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Save the dough, so it don't blow.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?