Feeler FS: VF8, 440cc injectors, WRX TMIC w/ piping

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Feeler FS: VF8, 440cc injectors, WRX TMIC w/ piping

Post by impreza_GC8 »

See end of post for prices. Sorry for writing a novel but I'm trying to be completely up-front about the whole setup.

First, this setup works great and I'm only considering selling because I'm leaning towards going to a front-mount, STI VF39 and STI injectors.
There has been a lot of speculation on here about just what a VF8 is and to be honest I have no clue other than what seems to be the general consensus; the VF8 came on the European market RS-RA Legacy. It is larger than a TD-04/VF10/VF11 but smaller than a TD-05 16G. It does have the 90 degree inlet and is welded to the turbo instead of bolted. It is a direct drop-in replacement for a Legacy turbo but as always do your research on which oil lines fit which cars, etc.
On my car full-boost (12psi) is achieved at 3k rpm if not a little before. My experience with it is that it pulls very hard in the midrange and tapers up top but I am running it on a 2.4L destroker motor.
I would like to switch to a newer STI turbo and injector set (which is bigger I guess and should make more power at the same boost levels).
So I'm seeing if theres any interest in buying all of these items as a set. This is all you would need to go from a stock Legacy turbo to WRX power. I am running this setup with no form of EMS, on a stock Legacy EJ22T ECU and fuel pump. These injectors will make your car run rich and reduce your fuel economy but I guarentee it is a safe mod. Rich = safe.
I get about 18mpg on this setup and make similar power as a stock 2.0L WRX.

So to recap:
-VF8 (unknown mileage, its been on this car for 60k miles, pulls hard doesn't leak or make noise)
-440cc graytop side-feed injectors (I have a 5th injector as a spare, do your own research to make sure these fit as I am using EJ20G fuel rails)
-02-03 WRX topmount with silicone y-pipe but NO BYPASS VALVE, get your own!

VF8 seems to go for about $270
440cc injectors are worth at around $100 easily
topmount plus aftermarket y-pipe and connectors $150
That adds up to about $500. I am certainly more than open to best offers and like I said this is testing the waters.

Please don't ask me to separate just yet, that might come down the road.
Also, I'd prefer you to reply in this thread, I will check it. Save me the PM space.

-'97 Outback - EJ25 block/pistons/HLA heads, EJ22T crank/rods/ECU, EJ20G intake manifold/fuel rails/440cc injectors, VF8 @ 11psi. . . . Fuel cut > me
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Re: Feeler FS: VF8, 440cc injectors, WRX TMIC w/ piping

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Bump, who wants to go fast?
-'97 Outback - EJ25 block/pistons/HLA heads, EJ22T crank/rods/ECU, EJ20G intake manifold/fuel rails/440cc injectors, VF8 @ 11psi. . . . Fuel cut > me
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Would anyone be interested in just the turbo?
StonedLegacy
In Neutral

Post by StonedLegacy »

do you have pics of the turbo? very interested
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Its installed on the car, looks just like a VF10 or 11, with the 90 degree inlet. I'm not driving that car at the moment anymore so I can't take a pic just of the turbo.
GClark
First Gear

Post by GClark »

Pretty interested in this setup, would you be willing to ship to Maine?

Does the tmic come with all the necessary piping to hook it up?

Thanks

-Garrett
1994 Legacy Touring Wagon
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Would ship anywhere, don't care. But its all on the car and I'm about to start driving it again, hate to say but I'll probably just keep it all for now. It comes with everything, you are literally getting everything you need to upgrade the turbo setup on an EJ22T car and make more power.
GClark
First Gear

Post by GClark »

Well if you decide to sell it, let me know. I have money waiting.
1994 Legacy Touring Wagon
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

Ended up keeping the setup all together, still driving on it. Will end up getting rid of it all at some point, but for now I'll probably put a standalone EMS on it and see how much power it can make as-is. Thanks for the interest, I'll refer back to this thread when the time comes to move on.