Can anyone help???

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

1996 TS-R Legacy
In Neutral

Can anyone help???

Post by 1996 TS-R Legacy »

Hi

I have a N/A 1996 Legacy BG5, and i'm putting a engine out of a 1993 Gt legacy single turbo in it. I have no idea what to do with the wiring, like if i should wire the 1993 loom and ecu in or run a aftermarket comper???
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Re: Can anyone help???

Post by n2x4 »

Not to sound like a dick, but it doesn't seem you have any idea what you're getting into. You really should research similar swaps. Myself and others have documented NA to turbo wiring swaps in several threads. Unless you have a good grasp as to how the engine management system works and integrates with the car wiring you'll QUICKLY find yourself in over your head. When that happens, you're stuck with a project that's dead in the water.

I'm not saying this because I'm an angry internet troll, but because I've been through a swap like that before, and I know how much of a challenge can be. Just trying to warn you in advance!

I have no idea if non USDM wiring is any different, but the basic concepts are the same even if the wiring pinouts are not. If you can get those, you'll probably be ok.

I put together a swap writeup for a USDM Legacy Turbo into a 95 Impreza though I don't think I ever posted it here: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t105404 ... l-faq.html

Take a look at that and see if you can follow what was done, and why it was done. That's pretty much the basics of a harness merger.

As far as factory ECU or Aftermarket ECU goes it really depends on what you're looking to accomplish and how much you want to spend.
SUBARUEHS Racing
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS.

Just a note, if you are in the US you may have an issue with OBD2 checks. If you are not in the US, this may not be an issue.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
1996 TS-R Legacy
In Neutral

Post by 1996 TS-R Legacy »

Hi mate, well i already have the engine and fuel pump out of the gt fitted in the ts-r, now i just need the wiring done so just looking for the easyist option really.