FS: Western NY - 1993 Legacy Sport Sedan turbo 5 speed

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

FS: Western NY - 1993 Legacy Sport Sedan turbo 5 speed

Post by Innovative Tuning »

I got a wagon which is better for me carting junk around and picking up drums of E85 etc. so it's finally time to put my daily driver up for sale.

I'll do my best to represent the car accurately:

240,000+ miles. Runs/drives/stops well. It's been my daily driver for around 4 years and frankly nobody can believe I'm letting it go. It's been dead reliable the whole time I've driven it. The car is boosting a psi or two low due to the wastegate actuator being stuck open, but I didn't care because I just use it to go to/from work and it's all 30-40 mph limits so I can't have any fun most days anyways.
Shifter bushings and clutch are worn. Again this didn't bother me because I just use it to go to/from work. The clutch holds boosting the car, but won't hold an aggressive launch.
Has rust in the usual spots. Sunroof sealed so it doesn't leak, but doesn't open. The paint on the wheels is peeling as they all seem to do at some point.
Rear strut tops make noise over bumps, but it's been like this since I bought it and it's never gotten worse so I've left them like this. It supposedly has WRX suspension and it does look like WRX stuff. It rides nicely.
A/C doesn't work. I never looked into this.
Has an unknown upgraded downpipe.
Car has black leather interior from a newer Legacy GT. Very comfy.
All fluid changes and spark plug changes have been done well ahead of normal intervals since I've owned it.
Has Nokian snow tires on it. I drove on them all year round.
It has a boost gauge.
The passenger front corner light assembly comes loose. This is the only issue I was going to fix if I kept driving the car.

$2000 obo

I just took some quick pics:

http://innovativetuningdl.com/temp/forS ... oSide1.jpg

http://innovativetuningdl.com/temp/forS ... oSide2.jpg

http://innovativetuningdl.com/temp/forS ... erior1.jpg

If anyone has questions fire away.
getsome13
In Neutral

Re: FS: Western NY - 1993 Legacy Sport Sedan turbo 5 speed

Post by getsome13 »

I'm most definitely interested. I have family that lives out in New York near Syracuse so I'm going to try and see if they would come take a look at the car for me. I live in Minnesota but am coming out that way first week of September. Could you PM me your phone number so we can get something lined up?
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

I'm at the shop Monday-Friday and the car is here as well. Shop hours are 10-6 Monday-Friday, but I'm here by 9:30 each morning and most nights I'm here late so it shouldn't be hard to find a time to look the car over. Here's the address and phone:

Innovative Tuning
298 Hinman Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716) 873-7360

We're only a 15 minute detour off the Thruway into Buffalo.
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

I may be interested if it's still around come early September. I'll be up through there around the 8th.
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

I put it up here for a week before anywhere else so you guys could have first dibs, but I'm putting it up on a bunch of boards in the next day or two.
Matt R
First Gear

Post by Matt R »

Any chance of parting it out? I'll have the Ej22t block.
getsome13
In Neutral

Post by getsome13 »

I'm 99% sure I will scoop the car up the week before labor day weekend or labor day weekend. If it ends up being on the weekend would it be possible to get your personal number to contact you. Does the weekend work for you or is during the week best?
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

The car is the most reliable daily driver I've ever owned so I don't think it makes sense to part it out.

I work all week including weekends, but as long as I'm not out of town tuning or at an event I could meet you on a weekend.
getsome13
In Neutral

Post by getsome13 »

What's your bottom dollar on this thing? I don't want to be rude and just a throw a price out there so let me know through PM and we'll see if I can't take this thing off your hands this weekend.
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

I got tied up getting 8 big builds finished in the last two weeks and then I had a track day yesterday, but it's time to post this on other boards to see what I can get for it.
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Sold this last week.