NO BOOST> 1994 turbo legacy NO BOOST!

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

StonedLegacy
In Neutral

NO BOOST> 1994 turbo legacy NO BOOST!

Post by StonedLegacy »

1994 legacy turbo completely stock. driving up I-70 in 5th gear full boost @ eisenhower tunnel "higher elevation" as Im in boost it stops boosting and loses power.It runs perfect, no weird idle, no smoke, no hesitation, just no boost. it is running rich. Don't have a boost gauge as Im still in the mountains @ my brothers cant find crap up here in glenwood. I checked the BOV and it doesnt leak. Checked the wastegate ( as much as i know how to check) and it isnt stuck open. checked the turbo and it isnt seized. all the vac. lines seem to be connected and good. im going to bypass the Boost Control Solenoid but not exactly sure of how to go about it. anybody know how to bypass the BCS. what else could be wrong? any help would greatly appreciated. im still up here and i leave tomorrow. would love to have boost for the drive back. unless i shouldnt drive it? PLEASE HELP!!!!!
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: NO BOOST> 1994 turbo legacy NO BOOST!

Post by cj91legss »

if you want to bypass the bcs all you have to do is disconnect to two lines on the Side of the bcs and connect them together

I don't remember what wastegate pressure is tho, and you should have a gauge for this so you know what's goin on.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

You need to run the vacuum line from the compressor outlet to the wastegate actuator.
Did you check the pressure side ducting for leaks?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
StonedLegacy
In Neutral

Post by StonedLegacy »

just bypassed the BCS and still no boost.. cant even hear it spool. unless the wastegate is bad or the ecu is jacked. it is running pretty rich... gas coming out of exhaust. I got nothin : (. Is there anyway to check the wastegate to see if its working?
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

your ecu cant control you boost at all when you bypass the BCS. so since you did that and still got no boost, your ecu should be "Ok" do you have another wastegate from a turbo to swap on? maybe someone local has one.
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
StonedLegacy
In Neutral

Post by StonedLegacy »

I can probably find a wastegate in FTC. could the knock sensor have anything to do with it?
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

are you getting a code for the knock sensor?
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
StonedLegacy
In Neutral

Post by StonedLegacy »

no code no nothin.. just no boost... it spooling a little but not full boos @ all, not enough to make bov work.... pretty sure its the wastegate.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I'd recommend replacing/checking the wastegate as previously mentioned.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
StonedLegacy
In Neutral

Post by StonedLegacy »

sorry such a late reply... this is just to finish this post for members having similar issue.. it turned out to be a bad wastegate on the stock vf11. i have done the td04 swap with tmic off 2004 with turbo xs FCD and it runs great. make sure to get a legit 90 degree turbo inlet so it doesnt collapse on you when hitting boost. thanks for the replies.
trac
In Neutral

Post by trac »

StonedLegacy wrote:sorry such a late reply... this is just to finish this post for members having similar issue.. it turned out to be a bad wastegate on the stock vf11. i have done the td04 swap with tmic off 2004 with turbo xs FCD and it runs great. make sure to get a legit 90 degree turbo inlet so it doesnt collapse on you when hitting boost. thanks for the replies.
Was it the actuator or the wastegate itself? If so, how did you figure it out? Or just replaced the turbo and problems went away?

gr. Bram