Do STI aluminum control arms fit?

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

fatgc8
First Gear

Re: Do STI aluminum control arms fit?

Post by fatgc8 »

We need someone that has done this swap before using sti lca. Has there been anyone on this board who has put usdm sti lca on there bc? I dont want to end up purchasing these and throw my suspension geometry off by having too much of a wide track up front.
2005 STi (500WHP with "SlowSTi" as the license plate lol (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Legacy ss JDM EJ20G swap with STi goodies (DD)
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

According to everyone else and a recent picture I saw on subaruparts.com of the two, I think mine are STI—they have a little different antiroll bar link mount. Mine fit great and are identical in width. The only thing I needed to do was cut a little of the metal part of the bushings to fit into the crossmember.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

fatgc8 wrote:We need someone that has done this swap before using sti lca. Has there been anyone on this board who has put usdm sti lca on there bc? I dont want to end up purchasing these and throw my suspension geometry off by having too much of a wide track up front.
Yeah, that's me, and as I stated earlier in the thread, they DO FIT with just a bit of grinding on the bushing metal centers. STI aluminum control arms, bought them new from North Coast Subaru on Long Island, and installed them into my '91 SS. I started out just looking for new ball joints. :lol:

Made no difference in front track width or tire clearance, but the swaybar mounts are wider apart, you'll need to use different endlinks if you keep the stock swaybar. I put a Tribeca bar in the '91 and it lines up perfectly with the STI arms.

I don't know what year STI those arms were meant for, or if there were changes subsequently, but I bought them around 2005, so assume they're '04 app.
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
fatgc8
First Gear

Post by fatgc8 »

Ok well do you think if i were to install these lca i could use lets say the whiteline adjustable endlinks to mount up to my stock sway bar for the time being? Do you feed a noticeable increase in front end grip?

Aerotech wrote:
fatgc8 wrote:We need someone that has done this swap before using sti lca. Has there been anyone on this board who has put usdm sti lca on there bc? I dont want to end up purchasing these and throw my suspension geometry off by having too much of a wide track up front.
Yeah, that's me, and as I stated earlier in the thread, they DO FIT with just a bit of grinding on the bushing metal centers. STI aluminum control arms, bought them new from North Coast Subaru on Long Island, and installed them into my '91 SS. I started out just looking for new ball joints. :lol:

Made no difference in front track width or tire clearance, but the swaybar mounts are wider apart, you'll need to use different endlinks if you keep the stock swaybar. I put a Tribeca bar in the '91 and it lines up perfectly with the STI arms.

I don't know what year STI those arms were meant for, or if there were changes subsequently, but I bought them around 2005, so assume they're '04 app.
2005 STi (500WHP with "SlowSTi" as the license plate lol (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Legacy ss JDM EJ20G swap with STi goodies (DD)