Clutch problems ?

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

mile hi
First Gear

Clutch problems ?

Post by mile hi »

If anyone is replacing a clutch or doing transmission work we have a kit to repair the front snout of the transmission (saving big bux) if it has wear and or grooves in it this is the setup. We also have a modified slave cylinder to improve the clutch disengagment point and action at a lower price than dealers.
AL(CO)
al@iwtu.net
subyroo
In Neutral

Re Clutch Snout

Post by subyroo »

Has anybody ever replaced this part and had success in eliminating the dreaded Clutch Shudder?
mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

Well yes we have had some luck in that department as a few people have insisted that they wanted this part installed at a dealerships. They have gotten it even in warranty repairs although they had to pay for the part. They report that it has cured the problem or helped and it does make the clutch work better. The factory has been in touch with us and even came out to see us about the possibility of authorizing it as a warranty part. Several dealers and service shops are trying it but I can't really claim that this alone will cure the clutch shudder problem as we think there is more than one cause. I do know that I would not think of doing a clutch replacement job on my own car or any other without it because of the wear problem on the snout. We have found the wear on low mileage transmissons and it can only get worse and have had my fill of pulling transmissions for any reason. So we are trying our fixes and also duplicating the latest factory fix to really get to the bottom of the problem and will be including this part with any other item we can come up with.
AL(CO)
al@iwtu.net
subyroo
In Neutral

Post by subyroo »

Hi Al,

This is an interesting snippet of news to my ears.
The factory has been in touch with us and even came out to see us about the possibility of authorizing it as a warranty part.
It will be interesting to see what Subaru Australia come up with on Thursday.
mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

They came out to see us but didn't give any answer as of yet. We made them sign a confidentiality aggreement and we have applied for a patent.
One dealership had an unusuall occurance. The General manager was saying that seeing that it wasn't a Subaru approved part and he didn't think they could use it. The service manager said "If you don't buy it I am going to and I will sell them myself rather than see people shell out $800.00 for a transmission case replacement". (They bought them) I was told that the factory only gives 1.3 hrs for a case replacement and even the mechanics hate the job.
AL(CO)
al@iwtu.net
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

I am about to replace my clutch and flywheel, how do I go about getting this kit?
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

For a n/a car or turbo? It will be a bit before we have one for the turbo but we are working on it.
Al(CO)
al@iwtu.net
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

I have a turbo.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
subyroo
In Neutral

Clutch Shudder

Post by subyroo »

I had my MY01 Liberty RX clutch plate, throwout bearing replaced last Thurs (Aust) and the dealer also machined the flywheel. They said there was shiny spots on the old clutch plate.

The clutch also had a squishy feel and noise when it was 2" - 3" from being fully depressed, this too has gone since the replacement.
The car also appears to have more power and better acceleration as if the old clutch was slipping a bit but not enought to enable you to hear or notice any difference or maybe it comes from the ECU being reset :?:

Anyway, I am all :) 's at the moment.