4.11 trannys, 4.11 welded rear, x-member, linkage +more

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
biggreen96
Third Gear

4.11 trannys, 4.11 welded rear, x-member, linkage +more

Post by biggreen96 »

This is also posted on nasioc. 10% off for LC buyers...

This stuff was going to be the trans and spare for my rally car. But then I found a 6 speed :) I have NOT used either of these transmissions, so I cannot speak for the condition beyond what I was told by the sellers and what I have done to the one.

1. 4.11 trans from an late 90's impreza. Cable push type case. 67-ty754vcaab Was told by the seller it made noise, which he believed to be an input shaft bearing. Due to the fact it made whirred only with the clutch engaged. I ask... SOLD

2. 4.11 gears in a hydro pull case. These were originally in Lee's Legacy Outback wagon, but I swapped them into a an extra 90's turbo legacy case I had. New rear input shaft bearing was installed onto the shaft by the dealer and then I dropped the shafts into the case. Seller noted the trans had typical high mileage syncro wear, and the bad bearing when I bought it. Spent $180 on bearing + 1 hour shop labor + my time to do the swap. I was not concerned about the syncros. Need to get... $303.45

3. 4.11 rear diff from that same Legacy Outback. Now it's welded solid. Can you say dorifto/rallyX? $120

4. 5mt crossmember $40
5. 91-94 Legacy 5mt driveshaft. $40
6. wrx shift linkage $40
7. Push style case halves. $30

I'm open to trades.

Things I need:
3.9 LSD rear.
Legacy spec-B rear axles.
Rally odo.
New 91-94 Legacy Windshield
04 Sti stub axles.
32inch LCD televisions.
15 wheels.
16 inch snow tires.
Lumbar disk surgeries.
racing radiator
oil cooler setup
suspension bushings
gauges
struts
Last edited by biggreen96 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
Long live the forums! Down with FB!
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Re: 4.11 trannys, 4.11 welded rear, x-member, linkage +more

Post by beatersubi »

You need lumbar disc surgeries and you're going rallying?
GLWS
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

I'd put it in the bank for the next time. Between my cars, bikes and snowboards I'm bound to wreck one of them hard enough to need another back surgery!
You have to drive and you and have to try if you want the win, you don't achieve anything if you just cruise around - Jari-Matti Latvala
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Impreza trans sold.

Price reduced on trans #2.
impreza_GC8
First Gear

Post by impreza_GC8 »

How did the car drive with the welded diff? Thinking about doing that to my wagon, but people say that it will add stress to my mythical "center diff." I don't think it could be that bad.
-'97 Outback - EJ25 block/pistons/HLA heads, EJ22T crank/rods/ECU, EJ20G intake manifold/fuel rails/440cc injectors, VF8 @ 11psi. . . . Fuel cut > me
biggreen96
Third Gear

Post by biggreen96 »

Great question. But I don't know because I bought a 6 speed before I got the chance to use it. I don't think it would be that bad either.

The center diff is just a limited slip, you can overheat it and it will start having trouble transferring torque(Which I do in my wagon every once in a while during the winter sliding figure 8's in parking lots.) But it wont hurt it it you drive normal and don't drift EVERYWHERE. People have popped axles though, then again others haven't. I was ready to take that risk. Plus you can't do this with a subaru vlsd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ipyf9APPw