Anybody have experience using WRX injectors...

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Aeryck
In Neutral

Anybody have experience using WRX injectors...

Post by Aeryck »

on a 22t? I have a unique sitaution. I have a rebuilt 22T, but, it was originally a N/A 2.2. The shop did everything but replace the injectors, leaving the old ones in. I never noticed until the boost solenoid went. The Turbo had been installed with poor condition hoses and the intake box had a cracked outlet, I feel this caused the crack in the turbo exhaust. I got 13,000 miles out of it before this problem. I got the factory solenoid for a great price and was forced to use a JDM 2.0 style turbo. The install went well but my check engine light keeps popping up after a little boost, it goes on and off during driving and the idle is erratic and poor enough to almost stall here and there. It is a code 41, fuel injector at the top of the list. Knowing the CC's have to be different from the N/A injectors vs the 360cc the ones are supposed to be I have aquired a set of sidemount JDM 2.0 injectors that are likely more th 360cc. I will be installed next week, I want to refurbish one of them, the other 3 already have been done. My question is if anyone out there has any similar experience to share with me please. This car is a completely rebuilt Nevada car with zero rust and the chassis only has 120k on it. I have over 8k invested and just love it.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: Anybody have experience using WRX injectors...

Post by cj91legss »

yeah you want to send your last injector to deatchwerks they'll flowtest and put brand new o rings on it for you. i think it's 20 per injector.

look for them on myspace.

There's also WitchHunter that does injector servicing.

Are you going to run the Liberty injectors off a Turbo legacy Ecu or an N/A ecu?
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Yea I sent mine to WitchHunter and was very satisfied with their service.
Aeryck
In Neutral

Post by Aeryck »

I've got a local shop here in SLC that can do the same for me. Of course, shipping may be cheaper given gas cost. I am using the factory ECU, and, really that is my question. Am I going to have to change anything else to get this all to work right without check engine lights? The rest of the car was all turbo, somebody had put a low mileage N/A engine in with a turbo on it. You can imagine what it did. The whole block was gutted and redone, how they missed the injectors is beyond me, but, yes the ECU is the turbo ECU.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

then run your 440s and you'll be fine. im running them on stock ecu and TONS of fellow bbs users are doing the same. you will run a little rich but other than that it's a great upgrade.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Aeryck
In Neutral

Post by Aeryck »

thanks alot.

If it's running a bit richer, not much given the diff 360-440 I guess the gas mileage will suffer just a bit?

The boost went full a couple of times before the solenoid gave way so I am going to replace the plugs, again. I use the NGK copper last time, and, really am not a fan of the iridium's, but, I would love to know what you think given your experience.