WRX seats into Legacy SS?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

crashnburn
First Gear

Post by crashnburn »

91 Legacy SS 440s, vf39, FMIC, LSD, Revtronix Stage 2, MSD Coil
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Damn, that was fast, first mod and you've had the car, what, two days? :D Nice job!
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
crashnburn
First Gear

Post by crashnburn »

yep, that hole really was bad and it was pinching passengers. picked this setup for a hella good deal plus i somehow got sti carpet and was going to ask if it fits? does anyone know?
91 Legacy SS 440s, vf39, FMIC, LSD, Revtronix Stage 2, MSD Coil
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

The carpet will fit. You'll need two extra flaps to cover the back seat platform next to the cushion tho...
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
Smoothinto2nd
First Gear

Post by Smoothinto2nd »

Does any idea know if you CAN switch the seat rails? I'm looking at picking up some 06/07 seats without seat rails and I'm hoping I can just mount them to the stock ones.
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

my guess is you'll be fine, seems to be the way it goes with subaru's.
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

my guess is you'll be fine, seems to be the way it goes with subaru's.
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
Florin1
Fourth Gear

sets in

Post by Florin1 »

Well i got my seats in this weekend (06-07 wrx). I like the look but hate the fact that i'm way up now. I have to lean my back rest way back "gangsta style". Does anybody know if i can pull my old seats' rails and bolt them to these new seats? Or is the seat height in the actual cushion?
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
__TT__
First Gear

Post by __TT__ »

not to high jack but what do us wagon guys have for options to replace the rear seats?

you know on the tall seat front has anyone replaced the lower seat frame of the wrx seat with a stock leggy frame? I'd bet it would fix the height issue. I used to do this with my wranglers all the time.
94 tleggy wagon, 22t with 2.5 dohc heads, pp6, tdo4, fmic, 3inch catless bpm turbo back, wrx brakes, MANY interior mods to list
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

^ That's what i was wondering... Anybody know?
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
Smoothinto2nd
First Gear

Post by Smoothinto2nd »

Hey guys I just went and looked at some 07 seats without sliders and they WILL NOT bolt up to 93 SS stock sliders.
Boostedballs
First Gear

Post by Boostedballs »

Smoothinto2nd wrote:Does any idea know if you CAN switch the seat rails? I'm looking at picking up some 06/07 seats without seat rails and I'm hoping I can just mount them to the stock ones.

you can NOT switch the seat rails! They are way different.
Air-to-Water Intercooler, VF-39, 550 injectors, AEM FIC, stainless race header, 3" stainless exhaust, 75hp Nitrous, 150psi H2O injection, intake mods, stock: long block, 4EAT, ecm.
Boostedballs
First Gear

Post by Boostedballs »

OK, I got new (to me) front seats installed! I actually installed 2 DRIVER SIDE seats! I had to mod the rear mounts on the one that is bolted into the passenger side of the car.

I thought I could switch the seat rail but that is not possible. The old Legacy seat rails have a simple square and symetrical pattern, the newer stuff- NOT.

Anyway, now the passenger can jack their seat up and down just like the driver! The seats are higher than stock so I guess only a midget would be jacking the seat up anyway...
Air-to-Water Intercooler, VF-39, 550 injectors, AEM FIC, stainless race header, 3" stainless exhaust, 75hp Nitrous, 150psi H2O injection, intake mods, stock: long block, 4EAT, ecm.
legacySSman
In Neutral

Re: WRX seats into Legacy SS?

Post by legacySSman »

so there is a lot of contradicting talk about the height of the WRX seats. are the 02-03 WRX seats higher, lower, or the same height as stock without any modification?
Smoothinto2nd
First Gear

Post by Smoothinto2nd »

They are higher. I just put 02 wrx seats into my 93 SS. I had to modify the seat belt brackets to make them work with the factory seat belts. I'd say at their lowest setting the 02 WRX seats are about as high as the factory seats all the way up.

I've gotten used to it and it doesn't really bug me now although it was a little annoying at first. I'd take the 02 seats high over the stock seats. If my room mate gets access to some welders again I am going to lower them though.
Mike03Subaru
In Neutral

Post by Mike03Subaru »

Just put 02 wrx seats in mine also, bolt right in and also feel awesome, still looking for back wrx seats tho.. =(
Smoothinto2nd
First Gear

Post by Smoothinto2nd »

Hey Mike where do you live? I've go a set of rear WRX seats that I decided not to put in and am thinking about selling because I didn't want to loose the split fold down rear seats.