rs front clip on leggy

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

__TT__
First Gear

rs front clip on leggy

Post by __TT__ »

Just a thought, I really like the first gen rs bumper and hood. anyone heard of putting the front clip on a ss or tw? for some reason my insticts tell me it should be fairly easy to do......maybe. I mean hood fenders and bumper....maybe a couple supports and lights of course. Someone wann do some photo choping!?
94 tleggy wagon, 22t with 2.5 dohc heads, pp6, tdo4, fmic, 3inch catless bpm turbo back, wrx brakes, MANY interior mods to list
__TT__
First Gear

Re: rs front clip on leggy

Post by __TT__ »

meh nevermind, just saw a major problem where the fenders meet the windshield
94 tleggy wagon, 22t with 2.5 dohc heads, pp6, tdo4, fmic, 3inch catless bpm turbo back, wrx brakes, MANY interior mods to list
Vandal_RS
In Neutral

Post by Vandal_RS »

What about just the front bumber skin? I have seen this done on a later 95-00 legacy (still not great with legacy model designations, bc?). Not sure how that was done, or how much fabrication it took.
92 Legacy Sport
00 Impreza 2.5RS
Jester808
First Gear

Post by Jester808 »

Browsing the Internet when I got my first Legacy I noticed a lot of RS Bumpers and Aftermarket Aero Kits meant for GC's fitted onto the SS and Touring Wagon models, Pre and Post facelift. I imagine you would have to knotch both side ends and find a way to attach it to those sides once you notch it. I'm going to be exploring this probably after the Holidays when I have a bit of extra cash.
1993 Turbo Legacy Battle Wagon -Daily
1993 Legacy Wagon -STI Swapped *in progress*
1995 Impreza Swapped EJ20G -Sold
1997 Impreza Wagon, SCCA H-Stock Champion -Sold
1979 Brat 4x4 WRB w/ Full Rally Graphics -Sold
2002 Impreza Sport Wagon GT40R -Caught Fire
Jester808
First Gear

Post by Jester808 »

I don't know why, but I really like this Wagon, it's a GC/GM C-West Kit fitted on. I hate it on the Imprezas, but it fits the larger Legacy Wagons well......(maybe not the Front Bumper, but, yeah :lol:)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2307729/1 ... wcastle-au

You'll see what I mean about notching the sides, you can see in one of the pictures that it doesn't line up quite right, but decent enough :)
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Blehhhh, I've seen a few people say they like that car, I think it's one of the ugliest Legacys I've seen, I'd almost be less embarrased to drive the peeling flat black wagon with a piece of wood glued on as the rear window I found in a junkyard.
edgeofvamp
First Gear

Post by edgeofvamp »

God apex3 are you a closed minded person. If your going to bash on someones opinions, try to be considerate would you.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Blehhhh, I've seen a few people say they like that car, I think it's one of the ugliest Legacys I've seen, I'd almost be less embarrased to drive the peeling flat black wagon with a piece of wood glued on as the rear window I found in a junkyard.
Finding myself having to agree.Its the "subacivic".
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

edgeofvamp wrote:God apex3 are you a closed minded person. If your going to bash on someones opinions, try to be considerate would you.
Close minded :lol: ok, I wasn't aware that having an opinion was being close minded.

This is the one thing I hate about this forum, no one gives their opinion on things unless it's positive, if you say something negative people get all butt hurt about it. You can like it if you want, but you've heard my opinion.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

I like this forum....
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
Jester808
First Gear

Post by Jester808 »

Florin1 wrote:I like this forum....
It's a hell of a lot better than NASIOC, that's for certain :lol:
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I don't like that look either, but I prefer things to look OEM, even if they're custom or I'll design the entire car from scratch and be the OEM. But to each their own.

One way to get the look you want is to buy a plastic welder (I should put this in my signature) and get an RS bumper. Cut up and merge the two bumpers with the welder and a heat gun as necessary, that way you can play with the curves as well, to better integrate it into the Legacy's more boxy design. The Legacy bumper is polypropylene, which is easy to work with. I'm guessing the Impreza is the same, but that's something you'd have to find out if you wanted to go this way. But even buying the tools and everything, I imagine the DIY route is going to come out cheaper than an expensive overseas imported part you'll probably still have to mess with to get to fit and you can get it exactly how you want it instead of being stuck with somebody else's interpretation. The welder is also useful for fixing various broken plastics throughout the car.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Jester808
First Gear

Post by Jester808 »

^ That is awesome, I really should invest in one.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Of course, you can also buy plastic sheet, rod, etc. and use them creatively in the project. I was originally going to do this, but now I just want it running and out of the garage so i can build another kayak. Appropriately, you can also fix damaged plastic kayaks with a welder.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.