retard idle.

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

lucas
Third Gear

retard idle.

Post by lucas »

for some reason when i come to a stop sign and have the brake and the clutch pushed in the car idles really low and sometime stumbles before the computer can compensate. my boost gauge shows i have good vacuum and i just put new plugs and the diamond ignition coil. Im stumped any ideas
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
LookAsubie
First Gear

Re: retard idle.

Post by LookAsubie »

My car does this sometimes as well. Don't know why. Most of the time from a cold start, I start driving and come to a stop and it will idle really low and stumble and want to die. It will die sometimes if I let it. But then after a few minutes of driving and it gets warmed up its fine.

The other day I was at a concert and my car was sitting out in the rain for hours, when I went to leave it wouldn't start, which has been an ongoing problem that happens sometimes (something wrong with the starter or solenoid).

But anyways it finally decided to start, and died seconds after, then continued to idle like shit and stumble bad, died one more time and just idled terrible for like 5 minutes (drove totally fine, just idled terribly) and then it was fine after a while..

Idk what the hell the deal was.

Sorry to write such a long story but figured we may be having some of the same issues.
1992 legacy SS 5mt, Winestone Metallic.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Could be an issue with a sticking IAC valve.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
lucas
Third Gear

Post by lucas »

balls to that. that thing sucks to remove.
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
Jessekrs123
First Gear

Post by Jessekrs123 »

It is not that difficult to remove the IACV. I've done it a million times in the past, and if you want to do it here is a video I made of replacing the valve, you can just clean it if you want and see what happens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WoQxA5q9io
2015 Subaru BRZ
1993 Subaru Legacy Sedan 5 Speed FWD Green (EG33 swap in progress)
1984 Subaru BRAT Tan