Leg room hack

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

scottahicks
In Neutral

Leg room hack

Post by scottahicks »

Driving my 1990 Legacy AWD Wagon for 4 days and I am getting a sore spot on my leg because of the horribly restricted leg room in the car. I drive 60-80Mi a day and it obviously was not going to work. Since I have no plans of selling the car, I am going to modify it to work for me.

Out comes the hacksaw blade and the files.

Yeah it looks hokey, but it works.

I might trim a little more, but it works! next I will be doing a modification to lower the seat and move the tracks back farther.

I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam I am not a giant, but I guess I am in japan!

I AM HUGE IN JAPAN!!!!
Grayguy
Second Gear

Re: Leg room hack

Post by Grayguy »

Hmm, my car's never bothered me, I'm only 6ft, but I still have 2-3 inches I can move the seat back. Actually, now that I think about it, before I swapped 93-94' SS seats into my 92' SS, i hated how little the seat could move back. I'd suggest finding some newer seats, they seem to go back a lot further.
92' SS: SOLD
98' 2.5GT SOLD, bought back, new stupid build in the works.
98' 2.5 GT-rx :bought not built
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Grayguy wrote:I'd suggest finding some newer seats, they seem to go back a lot further.
This is very true, the newer seats do go back a bit further.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I'd put something around those cut edges as that looks like a couple bad lacerations waiting to happen.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
scottahicks
In Neutral

Post by scottahicks »

EHHH what a little blood when you are driving a SUBARU!!!! :shock: :-D

Not quite done trimming to fit yet... when I do get done, I will just take a lighter to all the edges to melt them just a little. will create a nice smooth edge. I may even form some plastic to fill in the cutouts.. I used to do a lot of plastic welding on dirtbikes years ago. just takes plactice to make it look right.

I really need to get the seat down lower too, I am breakin my neck trying to get into the car. It is really irritating!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that plastic is ABS. Glad I'm a few inches shorter.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.