Car seems to drive worse after alignment

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Shaggy
First Gear

Car seems to drive worse after alignment

Post by Shaggy »

So I got my car aligned today at the stealership and it seems to drive worse. It pulls to the right even more than it did before the car turns right easier than left( not that big of a difference but enough to notice) and the passenger side wheel kinda shuddered a few times I noticed when turning right. I'll get a picture of the paper they gave me with the info on my car before and after. I'm on my iPod so I will have to take a pic with my camera and put on the computer to load it.

Could my car be worse because the tires were worn a certain way and now they are being forced to drive different from the way they were worn? My car is a 90 wagon m/t awd with 98 outback struts on it. I paid them 80 bucks to have them fuckup my car in my opinion. That's why I hate having other people work on my car. I did get a cool Subaru beanie for $10 and a Cool subie keychain for like $8 too. And they washed and waxed my car ( for $80)
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Car seems to drive worse after alignment

Post by evolutionmovement »

What do your tires look like? Sounds like they'd be obviously trashed if you're experiencing something so dramatic. If not, jack up the front end and check everything. If everything's tight, try swapping the tires out with the rears and seeing if the problem persists. The only other thing I can think of is bad wheel bearings.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Shaggy
First Gear

Post by Shaggy »

Well he rears are pretty worn on the outside frome doing my strut swap and more on the passengers side. That's the side that it pulls to. The tires up front are almost brand new due to some blowouts, two tires got replaced and they put them on the front and put my old ones that have about 40k on the back. My car has always pulled to he right since I got it, even with new tires. I'm thinking maybe I have a bad tierod.
90 2.2 N/A legacy awd wagon with outback struts.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Try rotating the tires around. You really should check to see if the circumferance of all tires are within 1/4". If not, it could cause havoc with the AWD.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Shaggy
First Gear

Post by Shaggy »

I'm gonna go get them rotated right now but my tires in the front are lime brand new and the ones in the back are pretty worn so instead of going front to back I'm gonna go side to side I'm still workin on getting a picture of the paper they gave me for my alignment so u guys can see it and tell me if that's what made my car pull more n stuff.
Shaggy
First Gear

Post by Shaggy »

So got my tires rotated today from side to side and instead of my car pulling to the right realy bad it now pulls to the left not so bad. Not good but makes me happy to know its just from my tires getting worn. I'm gonna be getting some wrx rims here pretty soon from my buddy for $20 a piece and I think I'm gonna put on some ws70 blizzack tires on them. He has a wrx wagon I'm not sure of the year, I think it's an 05 so I gotta check to see if they will go on my car. I don't think it's newer than that, if anything it's older.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, sounds like the tires are the culprit.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm