Amazing WRX Build Journal

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Amazing WRX Build Journal

Post by kimokalihi »

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/projects-40/62 ... -road.html

From this:

To this:

Only gripe I have with the car is the guy went through to all that trouble to cut a big hole in his headlight and never even used it and meanwhile has a big ugly cone filter in his spotless engine bay. Also I think it would have looked a lot cleaner had he done a reversed intake manifold setup. I really like the washer fluid bottle and fuse box relocation. Very nicely done. Here I thought my washer fluid relocation was clever! lol

Great thread. I just spent 45 mins browsing through it and he did a very thorough job with the car.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Re: Amazing WRX Build Journal

Post by gijonas »

Too bad its a budget build.Imagine how nice it could be with a little money put into it. :mrgreen:
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Holy shaved engine bay batman, that thing looks as clean as a '60's classic. There's definitely some Suby dedication present there.

How something like this qualifies as a budget build, I want to know. The cost of the replacement body panels alone must be more than my Wagon is worth!
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Twas internet sarcasm silly.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Hey, I wonder sometimes because I've seen people build cars from shells while making $10/hr and iclaim it was affordable.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah that's some serious man hours/money spent there. At least for my income level. But I've seen a lot of builds where you'd think the person has a lot of money but it just turns out they dump every dime they've got into their car/truck.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson