NEED TURBO NOW.... VF-11 Blew last night....

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
HandleWitCare
First Gear

NEED TURBO NOW.... VF-11 Blew last night....

Post by HandleWitCare »

Ok so my Vf-11 blew yesterday its done.. coolant and oil everywhere... :cry: But oh well now i can finally but my 06 TMIC on... YAY.. Heres my ?... What turbo would be the best... I have stock injectors and am running Stock ECU and MAF... From what i have read anything more than a TDO4 on stock boost and ill need to get a JECS MAF and bigger injectors and eventually a piggy back. SO heres my ? WHO Has a cheap but decent TDO4 and Will it bolt right up or will i have to moddify the trubo? I know about the piping issue and the F pipe issue Not a biggie. Im more concerd if i can just bolt it up and run my innercooler w stock psi untill i can get the moneys for the injectors and MAf? Will i be fine? Please let me know.. I would search but its not exactly "user Friendly" SO this is my best and only option... I have know time i need to know now.. lol PLEASE HELP :cry:
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Re: NEED TURBO NOW.... VF-11 Blew last night....

Post by wtdash »

Dude! Covered A thousand times (OK, maybe only a hundred!) :-)

But since I've been there/done that.......The TD04 is a good upgrade FOR STOCK systems and will run on all your stock components. I HIGHLY suggest going to a VF39 (04-08?) STi, but it's a lot more $$ and requires some upgrades to make it worth it.

Your '06 TMIC works well w/the TD04 and since you're 'well-read' on the piping/hoses/etc issues you're good to go.

BTW, if you have or add a 3" Downpipe you'll get about 11 PSI out of it (@ least I am) - which is still OK - you won't run out of fuel injector or hit the fuel cut @ 13PSI.

Have fun!
TD
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
blackbeast
In Neutral

Post by blackbeast »

i have an extra td-04 it has a little shaft play but worked fine before i pulled it of my buddys wrx. i was going to use it but plans have changed and i need money. pm an offer and maybe we can work something out
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

i know your looking for a tdo4. but if u end up needing a vf11. i have 2 of them. lmk if you need one.
HandleWitCare
First Gear

Post by HandleWitCare »

Hey guys... One quick :?: Do I need a MBC or can I use the stock solenoid on a Tdo4? Also... how much is the stock waste gate pressure(Tdo4)? Any help would be so Sweet :mrgreen: Thanks....
93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Post by 93legacylsleeper »

You Don't need a MBC as far as i know.... Im running mine without one. Not sure about the stock Wastegate pressure...