How do you reset the fuel cut after a crash?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Smoothinto2nd
First Gear

How do you reset the fuel cut after a crash?

Post by Smoothinto2nd »

My car was it while parked and won't start now. They keys seem to do nothing. Is there a fuel or power cut on our cars that can be re set?

Thanks.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: How do you reset the fuel cut after a crash?

Post by kimokalihi »

I've never heard of such a thing on these cars. Where was it hit? Probably damaged something. You may want to mention what year/model your car is and give some more information so we're not feeling around in the dark.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Smoothinto2nd
First Gear

Post by Smoothinto2nd »

oh right sorry.

It's a 93 SS. It was hit on the right rear.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

Was the battery jolted around from impact causing a bad/broken connection?Is the battery dead?
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Shaggy
First Gear

Post by Shaggy »

Does ur starter make any noise when u try to start it or does the key realy do nothing. Also maybe they broke ur fuel pump or discconected it some how.
90 2.2 N/A legacy awd wagon with outback struts.
Smoothinto2nd
First Gear

Post by Smoothinto2nd »

yep it was the battery... The car's never had an issue with sitting (have left it over a month) so I figured when it wouldn't do a thing after two weeks it was some sort of safety cut. I just jumped it and it started right up. The dome light came on to. The sensor for an open door on the right rear is stuck open so the battery must have drained in the week and a half it was sitting in the tow yard. Dumb mistake, should have covered my basics before asking.
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Hey, I've done worse, not checking fuses before declaring they were good (I didn't see any burnt ones and failed to realize the culprit was missing entirely) among other things.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.