FS: PGT Class Legacy Sport Sedan Pro Rally Car

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

FS: PGT Class Legacy Sport Sedan Pro Rally Car

Post by Innovative Tuning »

The end of an era has arrived. I haven't had much time to drive this car since I bought it years ago so it's time to pass it on to someone who has the time to use it.

This is a 1991 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan turbocharged Production GT class car which last saw pro level rally action in 2004 because at that point I bought it, daily drove it for a year or two and then didn't have any time for it because the shop got so busy. It was logbooked at that time. I did a rallyX with it, and autoX, and last winter I did a TSD rally with it and spun a bearing which it was due for.

I decided to rebuild the entire longblock rather than just fixing the problem so it's 100%. After the full rebuild which includes all new bearings, rings, polishing, balancing the rotating assembly, rebuilding the heads, new valve seals, etc. we started the engine up, let it run for 25 minutes, did the initial oil change and filter inspection, tested the engine, fired it back up, bled the coolant and I drove it a few doors down and back just to make sure everything was safe.

For those who don't know, the Legacy Sport Sedan trim level (called the Legacy RS abroad) was made for homologation purposes from 91-94 so Subaru could use it for rally. They were driven by the likes of Colin McRae in WRC. Here's an example:

This car has the famed EJ22T closed deck turbo Subaru engine. I ran this same type of engine bone stock in another one of my Legacies at 33 psi for a while with absolutely no issues. They're awesome. We have taken care of all maintenance including installing new belts, plugs, etc. during this rebuild because I want everything in order for whoever buys it.

Some major points of interest are:
full custom rally cage - $3000+ new
DSM 50mm Rally coilovers - Over $5000 new
Multi piece under body armor including rally grade 3/8" aluminum front skid plate, LDPE skidplates covering fuel tank, rear suspension, transmission, front control arms, custom aluminum rear differential skidplate, front and rear control arm gaurds - Well over $1000 new
Removeable light Bar with 4 PIAA 7" HID rally lights - Around $1000 new
Fully rebuilt EJ22T engine - $3000
Sparco Evo and Sparco Sprint Seats with brackets and 3" racing harnesses - $1400 new

As you can see it adds up quickly and this isn't including the ton of custom work involved in prepping a rally car.

Some of the other mods include:
Terratrip rally computer
Terracon intercom system for driver and co-driver with transit headphones
3" turbo back exhaust
racing wheel
It has mounts for the included tool box, tow strap box with strap, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit. The extinguisher has been tested and recharged and the first aid kit is new.
MRT combo boost gauge / turbo timer
upgraded bushings
LSD rear end
rally mud flaps
manual brake conversion and rebiased braking
fresh belts and plugs
carbon fiber switch panel for the rally lights
reinforced strut towers
beefy vehicle recovery points
short shifter
aluminum firewall separating cabin from trunk
dual spare tire mount
ACT clutch
hood pins and auxilliary trunk latches
and so much more

If you actually add the mods up they easily exceed 20 grand aside from the hundreds of hours of labor that go into building a car like this and then hundreds of hours of testing and tweaking it. There's no question that whoever buys the car is getting an awesome deal. It's just a question of whether the car is right for you or not. I daily drove this car for around a year and loved every minute of it, but as a street car it's not for everyone. This is a race car after all.

A/C and the stereo have been removed for weight reduction, but it has heat and it's a blast to drive. It's currently sitting on 15" Subaru alloys with snow tires.

The car is available either by itself or with a big spares package including STACKS of wheels with rally tires, extra transmissions which are rebuildable, a fiberglass hood, a parts car which also has a clean title, spare belts, bearings, plugs, suspension components and so much more. Anyone interested is welcome to look over the spares in addition to the car.

The engine will need to be broken in just like a brand new car would, but the car is otherwise ready to slide, jump, or whatever else you might do with it.

Asking price with all the extra wheels and spares is $9500.
The asking price without spares is $7500 and the new owner gets to pick which set of wheels they want on it out of my rally spares, except for my OZ gravel rally wheels with Pireli rally tires which are almost new and rather pricey. These ARE included in the price if you buy the car with all the spares.

The car and spares package are at the shop for anyone that wants to check it out. If anyone has questions please let me know.
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Re: FS: PGT Class Legacy Sport Sedan Pro Rally Car

Some interested parties had me take pictures of some specific things so here's some extra pics. If anyone seriously interested wants pictures of something just let me know.

I forgot we updated it to the newer style higher output alternator and that's almost new, but you can see it here along with the shiny block/heads from the fresh rebuild.
getsome13
In Neutral

Post by getsome13 »

Can't believe no one has commented on this beast. Absolutely sick, I want it! You have to rally race in a two wheel drive before you can race awd turbos don't ya?
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Thanks!

Maybe with some sanctioning bodies...I'm not sure. We work with guys that run Ontario Pro Rally and they don't have that rule.

More pics!
I took a picture of the last entries in the logbook, some under the car shots and in the trunk with the recovery strap holder and took box open. They're both bolted down so they don't move. You can also see one of the included extinguishers bolted in place which I recently had tested and filled.

We cut the old cat off and will weld a fresh cat or muffler at the back of the exhaust for the new owner. Your choice.

under body armor overview

front control arm cover

rear covers for gas tank, rear diff, rear suspension links

Recovery strap in it's box and toolbox, both bolted down.

Logbook:

Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Part of the optional spares package:

21 Wheels with tires mounted by themself:

One picture of the top wheel/tire on each stack:

21 Wheels with tires mounted and 20 tires not mounted.

Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

I received a deposit on this last night. It was sizable and the purchaser lives far away so I've given them a month to pick it up and pay the balance. It they fall through I will update or repost this. I'll add the info on the spares anyways just in case.
Last edited by Innovative Tuning on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

wow- talk about ready to race. Hope the sale works out, buyer will have quite the steal!
SUBARUEHS Racing
porkchop
First Gear

Post by porkchop »

Great looking car, do you think you could pm me some pictures of how you have your light bar mounted? I have some hella 500's that i'm looking for inspiration on how to mount them without making a huge hack job.. I remember coming to the shop a few times with my pals from niagara falls, was always impressed with all the machines!!

the one time with my friend sean with his GC8 with Ver4 swap, you guys tuned the Power FC for him.
'92 Legacy SS 5mt
'91 Tercel, soon to be 4E-FTE powered.
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Thanks guys. Car is sold.