92 legacy

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

92legacyL
First Gear

92 legacy

Post by 92legacyL »

i have some questions i need answer before i buy:

1. what is the best fuel pump upgrade that wont kill my wallet

2. what injectors are good for a lightly modified legacy

3.i have a unorthodox underdrive pulley, a CAI, and exhuast upgrade with headers, what else would be a good upgrade for this besides the fuel stuff??

4. what other subaru parts fit the 92-94 legacy without much modding?
sublunacy
First Gear

Re: 92 legacy

Post by sublunacy »

68 posts and u don't have a safetied legacy yet? tell me this is dream toy and not ur only vehicle u plan on taking to work everyday....?
"Hows the transition look?"
91 turbo manual
BMX in the trunk!!!
asotwavb
First Gear

Post by asotwavb »

Maybe a bit more detail?

Aftermarket exhaust system? Intercooler?
1992 Legacy Sport
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

sublunacy wrote:68 posts and u don't have a safetied legacy yet? tell me this is dream toy and not ur only vehicle u plan on taking to work everyday....?
nope i do not drive it everyday i have a camry as well i just really dont wanna turbo this thing. this is my first subaru, besides my srt4 was a money pit. But when i saw the subie i had to save her from the horrible place she was(next to a cow pasture in BFE missouri).
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

i was thinking of calling delta cam and seeing whats up on like a stage 2 cam, and getting it ported and polished here in town. i have some new valves for it and the valve and head gaskets. ya my friend offered to sell me his s-afc for like $120, so maybe that will help. but i have been looking into the venom 400. anyone know anything about this at all i looked in the reviews.
speedmaxx
Second Gear

Post by speedmaxx »

I got a similar set up to u and I just recently added delta 220 grinds and what difference, much more pep, pulls hard from the bottom to the top

I also did grimspeed manifold spacers, they helped bring back the lost tourqe from the intake. Other wise not really worth going to crazy on a na 2.2, I mean u can always turbo it but it's probably not worth it in the long run, just toss some cams in and have fun
93 legacy l
to much to list....
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

speedmaxx wrote:I got a similar set up to u and I just recently added delta 220 grinds and what difference, much more pep, pulls hard from the bottom to the top

I also did grimspeed manifold spacers, they helped bring back the lost tourqe from the intake. Other wise not really worth going to crazy on a na 2.2, I mean u can always turbo it but it's probably not worth it in the long run, just toss some cams in and have fun
is that TBS setup for a legacy or the impreza, any modding to make it fit?
speedmaxx
Second Gear

Post by speedmaxx »

It's not a throttle body spacer, it's acually a manifold spacer designed for Subaru 2.2l engines. It's pretty involved to put them in but difference is noticeable on a hot day. Cams were acually easyer to put in and yielded in higher power gains
93 legacy l
to much to list....
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

speedmaxx wrote:It's not a throttle body spacer, it's acually a manifold spacer designed for Subaru 2.2l engines. It's pretty involved to put them in but difference is noticeable on a hot day. Cams were acually easyer to put in and yielded in higher power gains
how much was the cam? how hard was it to take the manifold off, what all do i need to do i wanted to paint it anyways the silver is more grease covered now anyways
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

pretty my main goal is to keep smokin these hondas and mustangs here in town. when i put my cai on i went and found this kid in a red pocket rocket and he apparently had rebuilt this b18 and the legacy walked it.(and i have over 300,000 miles on this motor!)
speedmaxx
Second Gear

Post by speedmaxx »

Haha nice! I love running people from a dig, awd rules. It's a different story on the high way though lol

Cams ran me about $180 after I sent in my cores to delta, best power for the money that your gonna get. But when I put them in I also redid my all my timing belt which cost me like $350, but I'll be good for another 140k before I gotta repace those idlers and pullies again
93 legacy l
to much to list....
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

speedmaxx wrote:Haha nice! I love running people from a dig, awd rules. It's a different story on the high way though lol

Cams ran me about $180 after I sent in my cores to delta, best power for the money that your gonna get. But when I put them in I also redid my all my timing belt which cost me like $350, but I'll be good for another 140k before I gotta repace those idlers and pullies again
it was from a rolling start, i just did the timing belt back in june, so i know that gatorback will last awhile. i expected those cams to be like 500 dollars so thats cool
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

92legacyL wrote:i have some questions i need answer before i buy:

1. what is the best fuel pump upgrade that wont kill my wallet
You really should not need to upgrade your fuel pump on the n/a motor. If you absolutely want to, the Walbro 255 lph pumps are the way to go.
92legacyL wrote:2. what injectors are good for a lightly modified legacy
You can't upgrade your injectors without doing something with the engine management to control them properly. If you don't do anything with the engine managment you will likely run rich during idle and low rpms.
92legacyL wrote:3.i have a unorthodox underdrive pulley, a CAI, and exhuast upgrade with headers, what else would be a good upgrade for this besides the fuel stuff??
As it's been mentioned, cams are going to be the best bang for your buck.

For a non-turbo motor, there's only so much you can do to get more air in the engine to make more power and most of it is not cheap. Cams are probably the best low-hanging fruit. Beyond that, you're talking motor rebuild, higher compression pistons, etc, etc. I'd just do the cams and go with that. You should not need larger injectors or a fuel pump.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
92legacyL
First Gear

Post by 92legacyL »

ok