Brand new EJ22t short block

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

92legacyss
First Gear

Brand new EJ22t short block

Post by 92legacyss »

EJ22T Factory Short Block - New in Crate

We have some of the few REMAINING 2.2 turbo, fully closed-deck crate motors in the USA. All new case, crank, bearings, rods, turbo pistons (cast) and rings, assembled at the factory and ready to bolt heads onto! This is the CLOSED DECK short block with OIL SQUIRTERS! Shipping weight is 115lbs (about $85 to most places)

$2499 New in Crate SHORT BLOCK (i.e. no heads or manifolds).

From our friend Paul E. in OR. here is the link to his site : http://www.get-primitive.com/

just in case anyone needs a new block, they are $$$ but they dont make them anymore.
92 ss 5MT..TD04, 02' Wrx TMIC, XS power Atmos. BOV and Gripforce stage 2 w/ WRX OEM Flywheel, Equal length headder and catless uppipe. Open DP and soon tobe CBE, WRX struts and springs, MBC
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Brand new EJ22t short block

Post by kimokalihi »

Do you know if I could bolt 97 JDM EJ20G DOHC heads onto this and have a usable compression ratio by chance?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
92legacyss
First Gear

Post by 92legacyss »

Well it is the same block that you hace in your stock ss its just brand new the heads will bolt right up but i dont know what the compression would be, i assume it would be higher i would go with 2.5 L sti heads and bore it to 2.3l and get forged pistons to get the lower compression but thats me. its always cool to do something new i think that someone has done the ej20g heads on the ej22t block you might have to search the forum a little.
92 ss 5MT..TD04, 02' Wrx TMIC, XS power Atmos. BOV and Gripforce stage 2 w/ WRX OEM Flywheel, Equal length headder and catless uppipe. Open DP and soon tobe CBE, WRX struts and springs, MBC
92legacyss
First Gear

Post by 92legacyss »

i want your tranny and rear diff! full LSD i think you might be able to get a 5MT DCCD controler for it, is the same tranny as the impreza 555 - the DCCD it is worth looking into if you got the cash there is a guy in canada that specalizes in DCCD for subbies.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

lol well that would be nice but the purpose of it would be so I could use the heads I have already and save a ton of money. I know EJ20G heads on the EJ22T have been done many times before I just need to figure out what the compression ratio would be with the stock pistons.

I thought you couldn't bolt phase 2 heads to phase 1 block? I'm a noob. :) I just want something reliable and fast.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

My 4.444 Forester tranny and 4.444 diff? It's not LSD though. I don't know anything about the DCCD bit.