Harness bar

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

coffeeman885
First Gear

Harness bar

Post by coffeeman885 »

I am looking for harness connection solutions for the '94 wagon that I am going to be getting. I will be rallycrossing it and the automatic seat belts aren't going to provide much support. Does anybody make a harness bar for these cars? I could probably make one. Is there anywhere to attach it on the B pillars since there isn't a upper seatbelt bracket? If anybody had dimensions and or a design for one that would be awesome.
Speed limits are like herpes - once you get them you will never be rid of them. - Jeremy Clarkson

'94 Legacy L Wagon "Bluella"
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Harness bar

Post by Legacy777 »

Is this still going to be a daily driver? You can probably modify where the automatic seat belts anchor the shoulder belt. Here's a bunch of pictures from me converting mine to manual belts. It may help with some ideas.

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/s ... seatbelts/
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
coffeeman885
First Gear

Post by coffeeman885 »

Yeah still going to be my DD. I think I can work with that hole for the track anchor point. I don't have the car in my possession just yet so I can't go out and look at it. Do you think there is enough room in there for me to get the bar in and still be able to use the auto belts? I would like to not have to rely on the harness for daily use.
Speed limits are like herpes - once you get them you will never be rid of them. - Jeremy Clarkson

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

It depends on how the bar is positioned and how thin it is. You may be able to remove one of the washers and put the bar in its place. Once you get the car you're probably just going to have to play with it and see what works.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
coffeeman885
First Gear

Post by coffeeman885 »

I think that I am going to fab one up myself so I will make something work. I will definitely post up the results (with my usual eleventy-billion pictures) for people in the future.