Oil leak found

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rally370
Second Gear

Oil leak found

Post by rally370 »

I think the Legacy got jealous about all the attention that Suzuki Swift has been getting. hahaha so a few months back the tranny started making noises, the clutch slipped sometimes and I had this oil leak. I changed the cam cover gasket but still the leak. So after removing the tranny I could see the oil was coming from behind the flywheel ...has to be the crank seal! Pulled the flywheel to find the crank seal dry? Hmmmmmm strange. So has to be the plate with the 6 X head screws??? resealed that. The oil was in that area, then the flywheel spread it around. As the area was dirty I cleaned it up with degreaser, then I noticed the 12mm center block bolt below the crank was well loose. I tightened it up seeing the block squeeze together forcing oil out. Interesting. After 5 years since I built the engine this happens. A nut and bolt check will be performed tomorrow.
Cheers

Chris

Rally Legacy AWD #370 gone! Rally Suzuki swift GTI N1 #370 parted out. Now Mini Cooper #370 with STI suspension in Costa Rica
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Re: Oil leak found

Post by TurnNburn »

Holy smokes, good find. You really got serious about finding that leak!
1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car