Someone save this.

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Someone save this.

Post by Danny-G »

I found this on craigslist a day or so ago and it sound like the perfect motor doner. If I had the money for it (its dirt cheap in my opinion), it would be in my yard and I would be swapping a turbo motor into my car. http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2351145262.html
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Someone save this.

Post by kimokalihi »

Meh, $750 for a junk car. I figure if the guy trashed the rest of the car, why would he spare the engine? The only thing worth anything is the block and it's not worth $750 plus the effort to get the car, remove it and scrap everything. Just the way I see it though.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Grayguy
Second Gear

Someone save this.

Post by Grayguy »

I agree. The last SS I bought was very similar for $200 and I drove it onto my trailer. For $200 it was worth it, wouldn't have paid more than $400 for it, and that's because I sold the motor almost instantly for $500, and still had the car to scrap for another $200.
92' SS: SOLD
98' 2.5GT SOLD, bought back, new stupid build in the works.
98' 2.5 GT-rx :bought not built
Rubasu
First Gear

Post by Rubasu »

with u guys saying that why the hell do people sell these engines on here for 600 to 900, with bad head gaskets and shit. (onewormsway) They are not worth that much, maybe sentimentally but get over it. i bought my 94 ss for $500 and drove it for a grip too.
90 legacy Wagon LS Special, JDM closed deck 20g, custom 25d heads f/ metic motors, APS GC FMIC, 740cc, VF34, 4.11 F/D, Turboxs RFL blow off valve, now with piggyback.
94 Legacy SS R.I.P (parts car now for 90)
97 Legacy Outback (sold)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I don't know who buys them for $900. I see them for sale pretty often for that much but no one ever pays that much that I've seen. I got mine for $350 complete. If you have patience you can get the block for $300 or less and that's all that's worth anything on that engine anyways.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

I guess for 750 it would have been worth something to me with a 93 l and lame tan interior. If I had been able to get it I would have taken the interior, sway bars and related parts, motor, ecu, trunk with wing, tail lights, headlights to bake, fender lights, colored door handle, brakes, wheels, front bumper, grille, and the hood. So, to me it was worth more than just a block cause I don't have any sort of improved set-up, just worn in long life tires, a stock front sway bar, and weak ass non turbo brakes. Someday, I would like to own and drive a turbo legacy and that was my chance but due to gas prices and being in school without a job, there was no way for me to have converted my clean l to a turbo then TD04 and tmic it for starters. Maybe in two years another one like this will show up and I will actually have the money for it.
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah keep your eye out. But school is far more important. At least you've got your priorities straight. :)
Rubasu
First Gear

Post by Rubasu »

thats what i did!
90 legacy Wagon LS Special, JDM closed deck 20g, custom 25d heads f/ metic motors, APS GC FMIC, 740cc, VF34, 4.11 F/D, Turboxs RFL blow off valve, now with piggyback.
94 Legacy SS R.I.P (parts car now for 90)
97 Legacy Outback (sold)
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Lake Stevens.......That's back in my old stomping grounds.....
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm