anyone running a 2.6 hydra on stock ej22t motor?

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

chochocho
Second Gear

anyone running a 2.6 hydra on stock ej22t motor?

Post by chochocho »

anyone got it running?

the mechanic is having some problems getting the car started with the hydra. so i was wondering if anyone else's got any success with it?

this is the 2.6 version of the hydra from phil from element tuning.

thanks.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: anyone running a 2.6 hydra on stock ej22t motor?

Post by Legacy777 »

I don't know of anyone running a hydra, but maybe someone will see this that didn't before.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
chochocho
Second Gear

Post by chochocho »

just a quick update.

still the hydra is not working. the tuner was able to load up the initial map to the ecu but the car just won't turn over.

not sure what to do next. the tuner have done a bunch of tests and can't find anything.

the stock ecu works but runs like crap being that i got 800cc injectors in there.

anyone out there with hydra nemesis 2.6 running on a stock ej22t?
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Derek ran the Hydra 2.6 just fine. Did you wire it in yourself or buy a jumper harness, even though I doubt Phil could make that happen.

Make sure the triggers are wired correctly(cam and crank angle sensors). Black is the signal.....

Did you take care of the reverse TPS signal? Switch the signal and ground to reverse it.

The Hydra cannot change the firing order; you have to wire it in.

You shouldn't have that much of a problem starting up with 800's. They are not that big of injectors. Are you running them in peak-and-hold format or saturated? That matters. So does end of injection timing.

Other than being a blue box of fail, the Hydra does work. Tuning is a pain, but it is a powerful system.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
chochocho
Second Gear

Post by chochocho »

hey dan,

phil provided a harness to go with the ecu. so it was originally fully plug and play. a year+ later....between lag from the tuner and other issues, car still doesn't run.

not sure if the triggers were wired correctly as well as the reversed tps signal. i'll have to ask Phil on that. he's going to have to do some research as to why it won't start up.

i think phil provided a diagram for my tuner to check and everything checked out correctly.

what's derek's screen name and did he purchase it from phil?
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

I think "mikemeyagi" on here is running his hydra by now. He is pretty knowledgeble.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

chochocho wrote:hey dan,

phil provided a harness to go with the ecu. so it was originally fully plug and play. a year+ later....between lag from the tuner and other issues, car still doesn't run.

not sure if the triggers were wired correctly as well as the reversed tps signal. i'll have to ask Phil on that. he's going to have to do some research as to why it won't start up.

i think phil provided a diagram for my tuner to check and everything checked out correctly.

what's derek's screen name and did he purchase it from phil?

Derek goes by "whitelegacyguy", but he is rarely on here.

He did purchase if from Phil. Phil isn't exactly familiar with the wiring of these older cars. It is different than newer stuff.

If you or your tuner did not reverse the TPS signal at the TPS sensor, then the signal still starts at 4.5v instead of .5v.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m