What has your Soob towed lately??

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

WagonMafia
First Gear

What has your Soob towed lately??

Post by WagonMafia »

Last weekend I pulled an 03-04 4wd silverado and his Sea-Doo up a sandy hill after he buried both axles. Trying to upload video from android, anyone know how??

Anyway, show and tell! Snow, sand, mud, or stupid. Whatever the situation, post it!!
WagonMafia
-Pure White 93 L Wagon converted to Turbo Wagon (almost complete)
-Pure White 92 SS parts car (doner) donated to friend
-91 Mazda miata drifto DD
http://photobucket.com/wagonmafia
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: What has your Soob towed lately??

Post by kimokalihi »

I haven't done it with youtube but I believe if you download the photobucket app (free) you can upload videos and images directly to your photobucket acount but I've only done images so far.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
x2hawt4ux
First Gear

Post by x2hawt4ux »

i pulled a 240sx out of the ditch a couple weeks ago for him to blow his engine 10 minutes later and then i towed him 5 miles home through town.
92 turbo legacy: RWD W58 SWAP, td04, 3"tbe, mbc, fmic, wrx brakes/hubs, wrx seats, welded 4.11, fcd, drift steering wheel, Drifting Stickers
zagarus
First Gear

Post by zagarus »

in the winter i pulled my buddy's 4wd tercel wagon out of a snowy ditch with my tleg...and i was pointing uphill on snow.
WagonMafia
First Gear

Post by WagonMafia »

Sweeet. Ive been pulled out plenty o' snowbanks but hey, noone can ever say that you didnt give it a go. Ive popped all 4 tires off the bead at once, and then got stuck sideways in the snowbank... not easy to do, trust me. In hopes of needing them, id brought another set along for the ride. The beach extraviganza last weekend was wild though... that was a 1st for me! -WagonMafia
WagonMafia
TBFK
First Gear

Post by TBFK »

I towed a 74 Ford Highboy on 35's that had ran out of gas on the side of I-5. He kept sayin it wouldn't work and that a Subaru is not powerful enough. lol. Well he noticed the Ford symbol hanging from my rear tow hook loop while I was hookin up the chains, and he laughed, till I pulled him up to 55mph for 12 miles to the nearest gas station. He was thankful, and shocked. I wish I could've got a picture of that:)

Subaru - 1
Ford - 0
Jesse James

Nintendo Technical Support Representative

Link To Nintendo Technical Support Thread
Ramsey Clark wrote:Who will protect the public when the police violate the law?
1997 Legacy LSi A/T
1994 Impreza Wagon 5M/T
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I had to pull my craftsman 46" deck tripple can riding mower out of a fence and back up a small hill after I crashed it (found out the hard way the brakes no longer work at all) and pinned my leg between the fence and mower while the wheel was still spinning and it ripped my shoe off and ground a nice chunk of skin off the bottom of my foot. Subaru to the rescue though. Pulled it right out sideways up the hill.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
TBFK
First Gear

Post by TBFK »

I think I seen a picture you posted of that, I think. Or maybe it was someone's finger.

I also had to pull my gf's Imprezza out of a ditch casue she took a corner a little to fast in the snow. lol. She turned the wheel, and we continued to go straight:) We weren't going more then 15mph so it didn't do any damage, but her reaction was priceless.
Jesse James

1997 Legacy LSi A/T
1994 Impreza Wagon 5M/T
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

TBFK wrote:I think I seen a picture you posted of that, I think. Or maybe it was someone's finger.
The finger was mine after getting it pinched in the power seat belts and kimo put a picture of his foot up so it was both lol.

On topic, I haven't towed anything but I did push a Plymouth Acclaim up a hill, that thing was such a piece of junk. Last fall, I heard from the owner of the car and it caught fire so I guess I won't be pushing it again lol. There was something wrong with it to the extent of it almost dying under 20mph.
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

My '84 GL trashed an Acclaim/Sundance that cut across me in an intersection. Sent the rear bumper spinning, knocked her sideways, and bashed her rear quarter pretty well. A cracked parking light was all I got. I also used to use the big rubber overriders on the metal impact bumpers to push cars that took up two spots in Boston to make room for myself. I suppose that's pushing, not towing, but I'm not nice enough/haven't encountered a hot enough chick in distress to try towing.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

You pushed people's cars out of the way and then parked next to them? That's ballsy right there. One time I went to the post office and mailed something and came back out and some dumb broad had parked her SUV about 4 inches from my driver's side. I had to get in my car from the passenger side! Should have bashed my car door into hers but didn't want to ruin my door since it's in pretty good condition.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I'd park behind them. They'd be parked along the sidewalk in Boston and I'm sure they wouldn't notice that they'd been moved up a couple feet (and apparently, I was right, as my car was never victimized over it).

One time, I went to pick up my check from work in downtown Beverly and squeezed into the last legal street spot before the corner of a side street and came out a few minutes later to find a Geo Metro illegally parked right against my rear bumper, leaving me no room to get out (since I was right on the guy in front, but he had plenty of space in front of him to pull out—unlike the Geo driver, I wasn't an ass). Put the car in reverse and gently bumped up against the Geo's front bumper and pushed it a little. Still not enough room, so I looked around to see if anyone was watching. A couple people at the bus stop across from me were, fist pumping me to go for it. So I did. Pushed the Geo several feet, leaving it mostly blocking the side street and took off with the bus stop people laughing their asses off. I waved to them as I left. It was like pushing a bicycle, it was so easy. They must have only used the parking brake and it probably wasn't in good condition. That downtown had some serious parking Nazis, too, so I wouldn't doubt it if he got a nice ticket to top it off. But, really, you're going to fuck with the guy whose car has crosshairs on the hood, hash marks on the door, teeth in the grille, a "People Suck" sticker (which I had to make from a "Mean People Suck" sticker since they didn't make the plain "People Suck" one yet), and quotes from 1984 on his rear bumper?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Haha nice. Yeah they're light. Especially he pre-96 metro's. Mines a bit of a heifer especially after all the sound reading it installed and the sub and amp and speakers.
TBFK
First Gear

Post by TBFK »

Lol. My friends and I use to do that to each others cars. You'd never know where your car will be.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
Jesse James

1997 Legacy LSi A/T
1994 Impreza Wagon 5M/T
oskar_subaru
First Gear

Post by oskar_subaru »

1994 Legacy BFB GX 2,2 - 146.000km -
1993 Legacy BF5 GL 2,0 - 512.000km -
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

Post by 91legacyawdturbo »

I pulled an 1981 chevy camaro, 5 miles.
91 SS, v9 ej207 twin scroll swap, Gda wrx dash swap.
2002 wrx sport wagon
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

Last June, I pulled out a FWD Saab 5spd out of the Yuma dunes... HE ROASTED his clutch- buring his car and I just hooked up my tow strap and gave him a nice even pull and it pulled right back onto the road with my STi, though he ALMOST hit me.. yeesh! I have a picture somewhere of him stuck, but nothing of the towing out part...

My footprint *at 35psi in my Westlake All Seasons :P*

Right before we saw the Saab make it just 10' from the asphalt.
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
kodi3482
In Neutral

Post by kodi3482 »

so this was awhile back and with my old ea82 wagon. was 4wd, no turbo, webered, 2.5" exhaust. it ran 75 down the freeway with the same car behind it in tow on a dolly.

then before i took the dolly back i moved a friends s-10 about 15 miles for him.. it was a little heavier lol..

91' Legacy L. AWD, 5-speed, just turned 100k.
93' Impreza L, FWD auto, 1.8l "the gas saver"
subytech
Second Gear

Post by subytech »

Multiple other legacys of all years, a new VW beatle out of a ditch, a BMW 325 xi across town to a euro shop, volvo 240 stuck in the snow, two different 18' aluminum boats (in and out of parking spots no long distance or launches) 2 motorcycles to a track day, I know I'm probubly missing some too, and yes our clutch is getting a bit cranky lol
92 Legacy Turbo, 5sp MT, Early Large CC 20G heads, Ported custom clocked td04, Cobb catted DP, Injen SS 3" exhaust, Turbosmart MBC @ 10psi, Apexi 20g intake, custom FMIC, Fidanza 11lb flywheel, stock 05 WRX clutch
WagonMafia
First Gear

Post by WagonMafia »

Wouldnt be a soob without a cranky clutch!
WagonMafia
darkcrave
Second Gear

Post by darkcrave »

EPIC!
oskar_subaru wrote:Image
Tune
TMIC
Fuel
Taillight
n2x4 wrote: Seriously, anything will fit. Subarus are LEGOs.
oskar_subaru
First Gear

Post by oskar_subaru »

Very safe :lol:
1994 Legacy BFB GX 2,2 - 146.000km -
1993 Legacy BF5 GL 2,0 - 512.000km -