Im back in a Legacy.........eh, kinda.

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

H4_Deucer
First Gear

Im back in a Legacy.........eh, kinda.

Post by H4_Deucer »

Hey all,

Been a while since I have been an active member in the forums, I used to have 90 Legacy that I did some stuff to and I loved it, but I also missed being able to go off road. Sooooo......I traded my Legacy for a Toyota pickup that I have been tinkering with to go rock crawling and soon I will be past the point of a daily driver so I picked up a Turbo Wagon from a member here that needs some attention to be my DD soon.

My old Legacy

The truck I traded it for

And the TW I just got

There is a hole in the hard line for the transmission under the battery on the frame rail

It also has some rust around the rear wheel wells

I have also found that the sunroof does not open nor does the map lights work, there is also some questionable wiring in the engine compartment that has been added for what I guess is an alarm. The fuel filter is a stock Subaru filter which means one of two things either one of the former owners actually got the service work done at a Subaru service department or it has been a loooooooong time since it has been changed.
asotwavb
First Gear

Re: Im back in a Legacy.........eh, kinda.

Post by asotwavb »

Nice! I love TW's
1992 Legacy Sport
H4_Deucer
First Gear

Post by H4_Deucer »

Thanks, I used to have a FWD wagon that I really liked, I even hauled a fridge in the back of that thing. I have always had a special place for the TW's though, I don't know what it is but something about em is pretty sexy.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

That toyota looks sick except it looks like the springs are sagging in the rear and the torsion bars are cranked in the front. In whih case the ride qualty is severely reduced, the torsion bars are overstressed and the camber is probably off. Nice truck though. I had an 89 years ago.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
H4_Deucer
First Gear

Post by H4_Deucer »

kimokalihi wrote:That toyota looks sick except it looks like the springs are sagging in the rear and the torsion bars are cranked in the front. In whih case the ride qualty is severely reduced, the torsion bars are overstressed and the camber is probably off. Nice truck though. I had an 89 years ago.
Torsion bars have not been touched, the rear wheel openings are smaller than the front and the springs look sagged in the rear because I have the old wheels and tires in the back in that pic. I have a straight axle in the garage for it which is why I was looking for a new DD, I already put in 4.7 to 1 T-case gears but will soon have 37's and be 3 linked in the front with chevy springs in the rear.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Nice! Sounds awesome. My dream is to one day buy a tacoma and straight axle it.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
H4_Deucer
First Gear

Post by H4_Deucer »

Yeah its a nice little truck but I hope I can fix my need for speed with this TW, the Toyota goes good in the rocks and mud but is a dog on the road.
H4_Deucer
First Gear

Post by H4_Deucer »

Went and got another line today from pick n pull for $3 I was kinda worried because all they had in automatic cars were pre facelift cars with the external trans filter after that line which mine does not have, but the line is the same, just gotta get some fluid in it at some point and see if the trans is still good.
H4_Deucer
First Gear

Post by H4_Deucer »

So I put the line on last night and put in 6 1/2 quarts of ATF and it moves! I took it for a short drive down the road and whenever I start to get into boost the car stalls, the check engine light came on and it is a code 14 for the #1 injector. Also the drivers side front axle knocks pretty good but luckily I have another, the brake pedal goes straight to the floor, so I guess it still needs some work...........damn it.
H4_Deucer
First Gear

Post by H4_Deucer »

Well, today I pulled the fuel injector and took it to Beaverton Napa and had them clean and flow test the injector, they didn't give me a flow chart or anything but it looks much better. I installed it and drove the car up and down the road and no stalling, I bench bleed the master cylinder last week thinking that it would help with the brakes, it helped a bit but I still have to bleed the rest of the system. So one step closer to the car being on the road.