I guess that I need stiffer springs.

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

coffeeman885
First Gear

I guess that I need stiffer springs.

Post by coffeeman885 »

I am doing much better in my BF than I (or anyone else) ever thought I would. There are some things that need to be changed though. I need to upgrade my brakes, find about 100 horses, and do some suspension upgrading. I am going to upgrade everything eventually - maybe some STI struts and some King springs but for now I am looking for a cheap fix. I am in need of stiffer front springs. What are the stiffest front springs that are a direct fit for my 94' wagon? I don't want to hunt down a bunch of parts to make them work I just want to tear the struts apart and put them back together. I assume that the rears are fine since they are stiffer than most OE springs anyway. I figure I can afford some OE springs and a set of HPS pads for this season. That should be enough to make me really competitive in PA - I mean I missed first by three seconds on Sunday (that is one cone and the time it takes recover from going "Oh shit I'm going off course" and destroying said cone.)

A little flatter right then would have been nice.
Speed limits are like herpes - once you get them you will never be rid of them. - Jeremy Clarkson

'94 Legacy L Wagon "Bluella"
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Re: I guess that I need stiffer springs.

Post by beatersubi »

Nice work on the rallyx!
I've got some WRX springs of various vintages that'll bolt right in and give a bit more spring rate.
Where are you located?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
coffeeman885
First Gear

Post by coffeeman885 »

beatersubi wrote:Nice work on the rallyx!
I've got some WRX springs of various vintages that'll bolt right in and give a bit more spring rate.
Where are you located?
PM Sent
Speed limits are like herpes - once you get them you will never be rid of them. - Jeremy Clarkson

coffeeman885
First Gear

Post by coffeeman885 »

So... I got a pair of front 06 WRX springs from a friend and have yet to put them on because I am trying to figure out if I am going to have to change anything. From what I understand I can just swap the springs without changing any parts. Is this correct? I have also been told that swapping to 06 springs will drop the car about an inch. If I am just changing the fronts (want to keep the stiff, stock rears), will I have to buy some spacers or something to keep the nose up or will it not be that noticeable of a change? I guess I could buy some of these (http://www.fastwrx.com/sabusp.html) and make them work. Does anybody know how much work it would be to get these to fit the front tophats and how hard is it to change out the studs in the tophats? I assume that if I need these I will probably need the 1/2" ones. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I want to change these out but I am apprehensive of doing so until I know they will work. I hate using spring compressors unless I really need to.

darkcrave
Second Gear

Post by darkcrave »

Fronts are np, rears you will need your own tophats from what i did
Tune
TMIC
Fuel
Taillight
n2x4 wrote: Seriously, anything will fit. Subarus are LEGOs.