New member, transplanted from another forum

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Liberty10
In Neutral

New member, transplanted from another forum

Post by Liberty10 »

Howdy, fellow Subaru owners.

I own a 1991 Legacy LS. Have only had it about 15 months now. A woman gifted it to me, on Freecycle, when my beast of a Cavalier blew up in the driveway.

A few weeks ago I Google searched for Subaru forums and mistakenly chose one of the first ones that showed up... Oops. My car and I did not quite belong on a site full of high performance cars. Good group of people there though and they were very helpful with all my newbie questions.

I've been researching so many aspects of my car and repairs over the last few weeks, reading articles galore, watching YouTube videos for basic stuff and of course asking questions.

My car needs a lot of repairs but I'm just taking one thing at a time, while I learn more. It takes energy to understand an answer when you don't even understand the question!

It's a lot of fun to teach yourself something you never knew before. My skill level is total beginner but I have big plans - the first being to change a blower motor. This'll be interesting... lol

Thanks. ~ Lib
'91 Legacy LS Sedan - Misty Dawn Metallic

"There's a crack, a crack, in everything... that's how the light gets in.." ~ Leonard Cohen
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Re: New member, transplanted from another forum

Post by TurnNburn »

Welcome to the forums. I think you found the right forum this time and should fit in nicely.
1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car
Liberty10
In Neutral

Post by Liberty10 »

Thank you, TurnNBurn - I appreciate the welcome! It's going to take some searching to figure out the proper categories to post questions but I'm sure that I won't be the first one to struggle with that issue.

What did I do to my Subie today, asks one thread? Well, I found my car's colour listed on the VIN plate. Considering the fact that yesterday I had no clue what a VIN even was, that was my first accomplishment. lol

You know, the Liberty part of my username had nothing to do with a Subaru. It's been part of my online life for a long while. My friend and I rode thousands of miles together on his Harley-Davidson Liberty.

"There's a crack, a crack, in everything... that's how the light gets in.." ~ Leonard Cohen
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS Leslie.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Liberty10
In Neutral

Post by Liberty10 »

Thank you, Josh

I just got back from making my first-ever trip to an auto wrecker. Went with a friend so I could see how it all works etc. Met the owner and then checked out the four Subarus that they had in the lot.

The condition of many vehicles sure hinted at some awful accidents and encounters with wildlife (moose, deer and elk, in our neck of the woods). Was interesting to see under the hood of a vehicle very similar to mine especially because so many engine parts were missing. That way, I could better understand "what went where". Much easier than diagrams in my manual.

This weekend we may tackle an oil change together - as in, being the first one I'll ever do. I'm actually looking forward to that because my friend is most patient and trusts that I wouldn't be asking a question if I already knew the answer. Maybe by the time the next oil change is due I'll know what I am doing and will have the proper tools.

Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

woot another canadian lol welcome to bbs
Liberty10
In Neutral

Post by Liberty10 »

Wonderful! We can bond on July 1st and be "early" for Thanksgiving wishes, eh? :)