92 leggy auto trans issue?!!

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

turbo-baron
In Neutral

92 leggy auto trans issue?!!

Post by turbo-baron »

I have been taking it fairly easy on my leggy the past couple weeks but today on my way to work I got into boost a bit in the rain...ok I put it to floor haha but anyways I had no traction!! the front tires just went nuts rolling from 60kmh or so. I know the auto's are fwd bias but I don't think it should be doing this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Brendan
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Re: 92 leggy auto trans issue?!!

Post by wtdash »

Hi,
So the front wheels would spin, correct? And the the rear wheels were doing nothing? Did it feel like the AWD finally did kick in?

Could be the rear transfer clutches in the transmission, Duty C solenoid, TCU, ....not sure what else.

Do you get the POWER light blinking when you turn on the car? If so, read THIS to get codes.

If the rear transfer clutches are gone, Check out THIS POST on the USMB. There's more on that site about torque bind, too, which is related.

If it's the TCU, I'd think you'd get a code.

Something else is to put it in 1st/Low and see what happens. That's supposed to put 50/50 split to front and rear, from what I've read.

I had a delayed reaction on mine, did the fix on the USMB link and fixed it.

GL,
Td
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

wtdash wrote:Something else is to put it in 1st/Low and see what happens. That's supposed to put 50/50 split to front and rear, from what I've read.

I'll second Todd's recommendation above, which gives you a little more diagnostic info.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

if u get sick of auto i have a 93 leg turbo 5speed no clutch as i tossed it wasnt very good also i should have the clutch pedals 2 every thing for the swap msg me if your ever interested
turbo-baron
In Neutral

Post by turbo-baron »

I'm going to check the codes and what not tomorrow. My check engine light use to come on intermitently but now it's on all the time :s. Falken: where abouts in Ontario are you and what woiuld you want for the 5 speed stuff? Do you have the resevoir and lines for the clutch?